Time for new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johan

Reaction score
I debated the same thing recently, went with the KO2's and what a huge difference. I only had 27k on truck with the OEM KO2's but truck is a 2018 so i guess they just got old.

zcutty

Reaction score
It is really hard to beat the KO2 with the Load range C… I always get a chuckle out of guys who buy a Raptor then go and throw a 10 ply tire on it that weighs 20 pounds heavier than Stock and rides like you’re driving on cement. The K02 is winter rated, pretty fuel efficient, reasonably quiet, and hooks up in almost every terrain.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is really hard to beat the KO2 with the Load range C… I always get a chuckle out of guys who buy a Raptor then go and throw a 10 ply tire on it that weighs 20 pounds heavier than Stock and rides like you’re driving on cement. The K02 is winter rated, pretty fuel efficient, reasonably quiet, and hooks up in almost every terrain.
Man I must be nuts but the stock K02s are ******* garbage IMO. On road traction is horrible, I was ready to buy traction bars it was so bad. Instead I got Cooper ATX LT3s and JFC are they light years better than the K02s. Lighter and a E rating, S speed rating quiet AF and grip way better (on road) than the K02.

toolmanglenn

Reaction score
It’s time for a new set of tires. I have a set of toyo AT II with about 42k on them. Looking at replacing with either the AT III or the KO2s. They KO2s are slightly cheaper for a 35x12.5/18. What’s say you?
It’s been my experience, the KO2’s will give you 30K miles before needing replacement

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Goodyear Ultraterrain, I used them on my 19 and 21. Really quite on payment great mud traction and snow rated. Only at Discount Tire

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced my General Grabber ATX’s with OEM KO2’s. I just wanted to add those Grabbers where impressive. Wet, Snow, Mud, and I put over 60k on them before going back. Yes I probably could of gone another 10k

Attachments

• CA49B3BA-CBD2-4DCD-AAE2-A11D5486E5EB.jpeg
    CA49B3BA-CBD2-4DCD-AAE2-A11D5486E5EB.jpeg
    353.3 KB · Views: 54

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the OE C-Rated KO2's on my '19 Raptor and am very happy with the tires. Currently have 45,000 on them and expect to get at least 10 to 15,000 more before replacing. Live in Florida Panhandle where it rains a lot. No wet traction issues. Can I spin the tire on wet roads, absolutely. However, with the HP these trucks are turning out, that is to be expected. Have had several other sets of KO's on other truck and didn't have wet traction issues with them either. Just my experience.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I just ordered mickey Thompson legend MTZ’s, so if you are looking for an AT those probably wouldn’t be a good choice.

I know everyone has their own experiences, but I have been happy with all mickeythompsons I have had. They are owned by cooper, and cooper’s tires also seem pretty legit.

As far as mickey thompson’s that are close to what you would want, the baja boss AT (not a fan of the name lol) and legend exp (they call it a hybrid, but it looks more like an AT to me)