Time for new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firemanjoe

Reaction score
It’s time for a new set of tires. I have a set of toyo AT II with about 42k on them. Looking at replacing with either the AT III or the KO2s. They KO2s are slightly cheaper for a 35x12.5/18. What’s say you?

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s time for a new set of tires. I have a set of toyo AT II with about 42k on them. Looking at replacing with either the AT III or the KO2s. They KO2s are slightly cheaper for a 35x12.5/18. What’s say you?

Would help to know your intended use. All Pavement and starbucks runs, in Cali? Any name brand highway tire tire would work for you. Off road in mud? Heavy snow / ice where you live or travel? Absent any additional info, I would just stick with the KO2s - seems the factory thought they were good enough.

OP
OP
F

firemanjoe

Reaction score
Would help to know your intended use. All Pavement and starbucks runs, in Cali? Any name brand highway tire tire would work for you. Off road in mud? Heavy snow / ice where you live or travel? Absent any additional info, I would just stick with the KO2s - seems the factory thought they were good enough.

Mostly all on road use with some towing my 21ft boat during the summer. We do get some snow and ice where we live but not too much.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If it rains a lot and you drive often on went pavement stay away from BFG K02. They were like skating on ice for me whenever it rained.

I had a different experience. What alternative suggestion do you have for something AT capable and is better in the rain?

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't have a plan to necessarily keep them but found the K02s to be fine in the rain in a very hilly area. There are a couple threads floating around on this very subject but I'm up passed old man bed time and don't recall all the suggestions.

GoDucks

Reaction score
I had a different experience. What alternative suggestion do you have for something AT capable and is better in the rain?
On my 2015 Lariat I put on General Grabber ATX and they were a lot better on wet pavement. 2011 F150 put on Toyo AT2 and Nitto Grapplers , both were good on wet roads. The BFG KO2 offered good traction off road and if I lived in AZ or SoCal I'd get them but it rains a lot in Oregon. I used to fish tail a lot when I took a right turn onto a street and gassed it.