GEN 1 Time for new tires... advice needed!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coco'

Reaction score
Ok raptor maniacs,
it's time to change my '12 scab tires!!! :banghead:
I'm looking for something better / different than the stock bfg..
I need something more off road / mud oriented... something "hybrid" between an AT and an MT tire.
No FULL MUD tire,due to higway use,but something which performs better in wet & mud off road...
I don't care about snow performance,because i've a set of full snow nokian tires for winter..

Any ideas??? :think:

Unfortunately,due to italian stupid laws, i can install stock size (315 70 17) tires only..

Thx and CIAO!!!
Marco

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had nitto trail grapplers and LOVED THEM. Not too mud oriented but not too street tire. They never left me hanging. I have also run Mickey Thompson Baja Claws which were too off road oriented and nitto terragrappler G2's which are too on road oriented.

I'd say if you ran any thing like
Nitto trail grapplers or
Toyo open country M/T you'd be best off. I had the nittos my buddy has the toyos and both are built to last.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've talked to some people who have run a variety of tires. I was, at one point, looking at Toyo's but was told that the Nitto tires are "better."

I'd take a look at the Nitto tires for sure. Especially their "hybrid" Ridge Grappler which has gotten some good reviews.

nitto-ridge-grappler.jpg

Ridge Grappler Light Truck Tire

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm running the General X3's and have been really happy with them. They're quiet for a more aggressive tread.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 122

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you can't install 35-12.5-17 tires but only 315-70-17 sizes?

If so...

The Nitto Ridge Grappler doesn't come in a 315/70/17 size, at least not yet anyways.
The Toyo R/T which was a mix between an A/T and a M/T only comes in the 35/12.5/17 size.

Off the top of my head that may fit your size/wants.

Cooper STT Pro/MTP* Something I've looked into recently
Goodyear Duratrac

Duratrac is more proven on here, but I've been looking into those Coopers fwiw.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Best looking, most aggressive, unbalance-able hahah. be6647d701b7b0c4bcc777e98b0a4dc2.jpg757ef58567e42eee07d3a0ff188f761f.jpg

There's no way they're harder to balance than Project KRs...I have so many wheel weights on my wheels its absolutely stupid. Even then they still shake a bit at freeways speeds. But damn do they look good! :rofl:

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no way they're harder to balance than Project KRs...I have so many wheel weights on my wheels its absolutely stupid. Even then they still shake a bit at freeways speeds. But damn do they look good! :rofl:

They maybe getting better.....had a new set mounted and they "only" took from 4oz to 12oz!! :ROFLJest:

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for the project KRs but leaving the tire place after balancing I'd got about 50 and they'd sound like gunshots as they shook themselves loose hahah

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I can't speak for the project KRs but leaving the tire place after balancing I'd got about 50 and they'd sound like gunshots as they shook themselves loose hahah

With tires like the projects and those baja claws I think balancing beads like they use for semis are the only real answer. They're just so damn hard to get balanced right.