Timbren SES on a GEN 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Ryed

Reaction score
The hauler loaded and with fluids is 10,000 lbs. The truck tows is great even running 37’s, I use the Timbrens and a Husky 12k anti sway weight distribution hitch. I’ve already towed thousands of miles so far. I got the truck end of January and just passed 7,000 miles, been taking lots of trips. Gas mileage sucks, I’m 8.2 MPG since new, and 6.7 MPG when towing this setup. Whatever! Lol

This give me a lot of hope for my tow setup. I have an Anderson weight distribution hitch on the way, and will reach out now to Timbren to order the setup you have. Did you speak to anyone in particular at Timbren? Just trying to streamline the process and not have to deal with someone that doesn't know about the setup.

OP
OP
R

Ryed

Reaction score
I connected with Steve at Timbren and the engineers asked me to measure the space between the frame and axle. For a stock Gen 3 35 package Raptor the space is 8.5". With that information the engineers said the kit I require is the FR150RB -P2 , this is a special order kit , if your in the USA call Michigan truck @ 1-800-358-4751. Just thought I'd document that here for anyone else that might want this.

98Craig

Reaction score
I connected with Steve at Timbren and the engineers asked me to measure the space between the frame and axle. For a stock Gen 3 35 package Raptor the space is 8.5". With that information the engineers said the kit I require is the FR150RB -P2 , this is a special order kit , if your in the USA call Michigan truck @ 1-800-358-4751. Just thought I'd document that here for anyone else that might want this.
This is exactly the measurements I came up with and the exact kit they had me order. Waiting to get it, but yep, I can second that's what timbren is sending me as well. But, you will have to call them as the one on the website is not correct. Do you notice the timbrens engage when going over any highway or road bumps unloaded? Just curious.

OP
OP
R

Ryed

Reaction score
This is exactly the measurements I came up with and the exact kit they had me order. Waiting to get it, but yep, I can second that's what timbren is sending me as well. But, you will have to call them as the one on the website is not correct. Do you notice the timbrens engage when going over any highway or road bumps unloaded? Just curious.
I just ordered today. I'll post feedback once I have them here and installed.

Rengastarr

Reaction score
You definitely feel it hitting a bump hard like a g out drainage dip or large speed bump when the truck is unloaded just because it limits the up travel somewhat. But if you’re planning to go on an Offroad trip and you need to take them off it doesn’t take more than 10 minutes each side and they’re gone.

98Craig

Reaction score
So I just installed the timben SES FR150RB -P2. Just for another data point, I measured about 1.5 inches after install from bumpstop to axle. Very straightforward install. Taking out the stock ones is one bolt each and putting the new ones in is two each (one to hold bumpstop to spacer and one to connect to the stock frame spot. I highly suggest a racheting wrench though!! With my boat loaded the bumpstops rest on the axle (1.5 inch sag). I have a malibu 23MXZ. About 7500lbs boat and trailer loaded. It tows just as well as my old f150 with max tow package. For me, unloaded, I don't notice any change in ride at all, but when I plan trips to off-road I'll just take them off (doesn't take long). All said, it's the only option right now, and I think it's very acceptable. My 2 cents.

Rocu2zzz

Reaction score
So I just installed the timben SES FR150RB -P2. Just for another data point, I measured about 1.5 inches after install from bumpstop to axle. Very straightforward install. Taking out the stock ones is one bolt each and putting the new ones in is two each (one to hold bumpstop to spacer and one to connect to the stock frame spot. I highly suggest a racheting wrench though!! With my boat loaded the bumpstops rest on the axle (1.5 inch sag). I have a malibu 23MXZ. About 7500lbs boat and trailer loaded. It tows just as well as my old f150 with max tow package. For me, unloaded, I don't notice any change in ride at all, but when I plan trips to off-road I'll just take them off (doesn't take long). All said, it's the only option right now, and I think it's very acceptable. My 2 cents.
Do you have any other pics on how the truck sits with your boat trailer hooked up? I just took delivery of a Gen 3 and I had a good setup with my Gen 2! It towed my boat pretty effortlessly. 26 foot center console….
Thank you Rengastarr and Hemmy for the pics! Im going this route for now! Appreciate all the info.

Attachments

• EC65F2CB-36B1-4843-B520-5C0F4B1130AB.jpeg
    EC65F2CB-36B1-4843-B520-5C0F4B1130AB.jpeg
    320.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 4EA1EBDE-E26A-4ACE-BBC7-00EDC5F8B20F.jpeg
    4EA1EBDE-E26A-4ACE-BBC7-00EDC5F8B20F.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 45

Rengastarr

Reaction score
Do you have any other pics on how the truck sits with your boat trailer hooked up? I just took delivery of a Gen 3 and I had a good setup with my Gen 2! It towed my boat pretty effortlessly. 26 foot center console….
Thank you Rengastarr and Hemmy for the pics! Im going this route for now! Appreciate all the info.
Man that boat looks like fun! Congrats on the new truck, you'll be all good :peace:

98Craig

Reaction score
Here's two with the boat hooked up.

Attachments

• IMG_5997 (1).JPG
    IMG_5997 (1).JPG
    246 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5996.2.JPG
    IMG_5996.2.JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 84