Timbren rear bump stop kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbeitel

Reaction score
Re: Timbren SES part number FR150RA. SES kits are for improved towing/load performance.

I tried to install a set of these on my '18 Raptor and they were too big/long. I believe the FR150RA part number might have been designed for Gen 1 trucks. Called Timbren, they seemed to understand my plight, and they are sending out a new set that is 3/4" smaller/shorter. This should give me approximately a 3/4" to 1" gap between the Timbren springs and the axle (unweighted) which should be perfect. Once the truck is loaded it should squat about a inch therefore coming close to being leveled with the front. Will post my impressions once received/installed.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I don't think you will like them for daily use. I have had Timbrens on a few trucks, it's like riding on bump stops when towing. When not towing, any larger bumps in the road will bring them into play and the ride is jarring. I would think the rear suspension easily cycles more than an inch a bazillion times in everyday driving.

On the ram's it's pretty easy to put them on and take them off, so I just slapped them on when I had to tow.

Cbeitel

Reaction score
GCATX: You may be right. I figured $210 bucks was worth a try versus Deavers & SVC/RPG bump stops which would probably run me $3K. Also only ~30minutes to swap back to the OEM bumps so will make it part of my boating routine to add them if the towing ride is manageable on the Timbrens. Thanks for the heads up.

Cliffster

Reaction score
Timbrens help while towing or hauling.Easy to take on and off remove when not loaded or ride will suffer.

Cbeitel

Reaction score
A8F0D0B5-48AF-4AB1-B547-B0A0CDA8A826.jpeg Re: Timbren SES. Installed 3/4” shorter than FR150RA Timbren SES kit and there is now 1” gap between the Timbren spring and the axle. On road unweighted driving seems great in my eyes. Will post impressions when loaded/towing.

Takeaway from this post is don’t order the FR150RA Timbren SES kits for Gen 2 Raptors. They are too big/long.

Reaction score
Who has these on their raptor currently? I tow toys out to the desert and my truck sags a lot, so I'm interested in getting these just for towing purposes. Might be a bit too much around town.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is the correct PN we need for Gen 2 towing kit? FR150RA are the only ones I see on Timbrens website but it sounds like those are too long for us. I haul a 4 place snowmobile trailer - loaded down with all the gear, 3 guys, 4 sleds, she was squatting a little more than i like to see. When hauling I would run these during the winter and then just take them out in the spring when I dont tow. I dont need a $3k lift kit as I just want it to ride like factory when not towing. I have a few buddies who haul 5th wheels and slide-ins with 3/4 tons and they swear by these Timbren kits.

Cbeitel

Reaction score
I would recommend calling them (Timbren). Nice and knowledgeable support staff, sent me my replacements for free. Still haven’t towed yet but the 3/4” reduced length from the FR150RA has created no adverse ride impacts on pavement.

Brodee42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have some up for sale soon if interested. I've used them while towing a 8000 lb trailer with great success!!