Timbren has a solution for rear suspension sag!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flagman

Reaction score
Just a quick follow up, Timbren sent me a new set of SES bunmpers that are 4.5” free of charge. I now have 5/8” and 3/4” free travel on my truck unloaded, full of fuel. Just took a quick ride yesterday over some bumps, etc and the ride is much better with more free travel on Timbrens. I’ll be towing a 5000 double axle boat this weekend for about 30 miles, and this will tell me how much added support they give me as I know what height hitch it took without Timbrens to have the tongue height at 15.5”. Flagman

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents, I have a question.

I tow a bunch in the summer - ~4500 lbs 7x14 - and after last summer my stock rear springs had sagged quite a bit. So I had my local suspension shop rearch them and add a leaf and I gained the height back.

For next season, should I still get the timbrens, or the fact that I now have an extra leaf make the timbrens redundant?

Really your within towing limits and u got permanent sag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick follow up, Timbren sent me a new set of SES bunmpers that are 4.5” free of charge. I now have 5/8” and 3/4” free travel on my truck unloaded, full of fuel. Just took a quick ride yesterday over some bumps, etc and the ride is much better with more free travel on Timbrens. I’ll be towing a 5000 double axle boat this weekend for about 30 miles, and this will tell me how much added support they give me as I know what height hitch it took without Timbrens to have the tongue height at 15.5”. Flagman

Thanks for the update, please keep us posted. If you post a pic with the boat hitched up, that would be good.

flagman

Reaction score
Here is the picture from today. I leave my boat in Page, AZ so I took the ball mount I used before Timbrens which gave me a height of 16” at base of ball and one mount an inch lower. I started with the lower one assuming the Timbrens would give me some lift, well they did, I was 17.5”, resulting in a net gain of 2.5”. Boat is 5200 pounds full of fuel, etc. I would suggest getting Timbrens that have at least 1” of clearance when empty, I may cut these or get the ones 1/2” shorter. They do work and are easy to take off and on.flagman

Attachments

• E587567A-3547-427C-9EC9-1F3965F17DAA.jpg
    E587567A-3547-427C-9EC9-1F3965F17DAA.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 165

flagman

Reaction score
Ok, so with 4.5” Timbren SES, my truck drops 2.25”, measured at hitch, with a 5200 boat hitched up, this leaves the measurement from inside fender well to top of tire, 5/8” higher in the rear when compared to front. I would say this is a good combo considering no weight distributioon hitch being used, flagman

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the picture from today. I leave my boat in Page, AZ so I took the ball mount I used before Timbrens which gave me a height of 16” at base of ball and one mount an inch lower. I started with the lower one assuming the Timbrens would give me some lift, well they did, I was 17.5”, resulting in a net gain of 2.5”. Boat is 5200 pounds full of fuel, etc. I would suggest getting Timbrens that have at least 1” of clearance when empty, I may cut these or get the ones 1/2” shorter. They do work and are easy to take off and on.flagman

I’ve setup. Also what mudflaps are u running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

georgesr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my Timbren the other day as I needed to do a bunch of towing. first off I can feel the bumps a lot more but it did eliminate the sag in the back in with my 7x14 trailer with about 5000 lbs in it.

Flagman who did you talk to at Timbren? I wish mine had a little more room between the pad and the stop when the truck is unloaded. could be that I have a Decked system installed and that is preloading everything down.

flagman

Reaction score
Iam running the Husky mudflaps and rear fender well liners. I dont remember who I talked to at Timbren as I was on the road, but I would call them and get advice after you measure your clearance with your standard load, and order accordingly. I agree with your preload comment as you can read my post above about how much sag I get with a few hundred pounds in the bed and truck storage areas. Ive been looking into the whole towing scenerio with my Raptor since before I ordered it, and were trying to get the best of both worlds out of this unique truck. Super Duty Headquarters in Phoenix says the long travel air bags allows the best of both worlds, problem is you have to carry your spare tire in bed and they don't have them disigned and available yet. The Timbrens work for me and when towing my 7700 lb tt, I will probably put the original Timbrens back on, I only tow this trailer a few times a year. One thing for sure, this truck tows my two trailers very well, not even barking up some of the hills here in northern Arizona, flagman