Timbren has a solution for rear suspension sag!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flagman

Reaction score
I just talked to Timbren, they asked me to verify I had the correct product on my truck, which I do, and offered to send out a shorter set. He said not to trim them. Iam going to drive with them for a week or so and make a decision as to whether or not I can live with the ride. Flagman

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish you luck let me know how it turns out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hated the timbrens I had on my gen1. Get deavers and be done with it or a bump stop kit from SVC or RPG better yet do both.!

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just talked to Timbren, they asked me to verify I had the correct product on my truck, which I do, and offered to send out a shorter set. He said not to trim them. Iam going to drive with them for a week or so and make a decision as to whether or not I can live with the ride. Flagman

Flagman, could you please post up a pic of the part numbers of the replacement kit that Timbren is sending you? Want to make sure those of us who order get the right item.

For those that installed these, do you have to remove the rear wheels to do the install and uninstall?

I wheel in the fall/winter and tow in the summer. I would want to have the SES on in the summer but removed in winter and wondering how much of a hassle it is each time to install/uninstall.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flagman, could you please post up a pic of the part numbers of the replacement kit that Timbren is sending you? Want to make sure those of us who order get the right item.

For those that installed these, do you have to remove the rear wheels to do the install and uninstall?

I wheel in the fall/winter and tow in the summer. I would want to have the SES on in the summer but removed in winter and wondering how much of a hassle it is each time to install/uninstall.

I can install them laying on top of the wheel or laying under the truck. I have done both. Some people jack rear of the truck up to install. I did that the first time not the second. A swiveling ratcheting box end 17mm seems to be the best weapon to use.

flagman

Reaction score
From the Timbren site: FR 150RA, I had them installed and don’t have a copy of the invoice, but I was there when they were ordered. As to installing, if I left mine as is, I would have to jack up the rear of truck as there no clearance. Flagman

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents, I have a question.

I tow a bunch in the summer - ~4500 lbs 7x14 - and after last summer my stock rear springs had sagged quite a bit. So I had my local suspension shop rearch them and add a leaf and I gained the height back.

For next season, should I still get the timbrens, or the fact that I now have an extra leaf make the timbrens redundant?

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I tow a bunch in the summer - ~4500 lbs 7x14 - and after last summer my stock rear springs had sagged quite a bit. So I had my local suspension shop rearch them and add a leaf and I gained the height back.

For next season, should I still get the timbrens, or the fact that I now have an extra leaf make the timbrens redundant?
I'm fairly certainly that you won't need the Timbrens with the rearching and adding a leaf but you really won't know until you hook the trailer up but I'd say you shouldn't need them. How much did they charge you and does the truck ride rougher with the added stiffness?

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certainly that you won't need the Timbrens with the rearching and adding a leaf but you really won't know until you hook the trailer up but I'd say you shouldn't need them. How much did they charge you and does the truck ride rougher with the added stiffness?

Truck rides exactly the same, I can't tell any difference. I have the 1.5" RPG collars up front and I am very happy with the stance now.

FUc_PDAsfW-rFW4qLKMxbdWshUVfyyKw5FKf83vxtmNPKJBdiM.jpg

Here is a photo of my trailer hitched up - this was before a leaf was added in the rear.

AtGpZDNlOfGTfuKDt7YSnYeHwS_NfHZPGHAhFdCH6iIRWZzTMQ.jpg

Would adding the Timbren prevent the rear from sagging again? Or because I have added a leaf, they arent likely to sag like the stock ones?

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score

what did the adding a leaf cost?