Til’ You Can’t..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
You're ******* crazy. I couldn't handle that and just looking at those pictures give me an anxiety attack. However, I'm also afraid of doctors appointments and dentist so...
I’m afraid of Heights, Doctors Orders to try and help “Cure” me..lol
My wife finally gave up trying to save me, just got her own set of keys to the Raptor, so she can drive off to notify the Rangers where to recover the other set..
:driver: :happy175:

Last edited:

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
This thread became a lot more real to me in recent weeks. My dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Liver Cancer that spread to his Gallbladder and spots on his lower lungs. With chemo only he has 11.8 months to live (only a doctor would say 11.8 months instead of 10-12 months). If the immunotherapy works it’s 2 plus years, but so far it’s only been effective on 25% of the patients. They say 2 plus years because that’s how old the study goes as it’s new medication.

I don’t bring this up to be a downer on the forum. Life has kicked all of us in the gut a time or two and we all have stories with life’s burdens. I bring it up because none of us have a guarantee for tomorrow. I plan on focusing time on family and important things, and checking off bucket list items instead of saying next year.

Life is short my friends. Death has an undefeated record. Go fishing or hunting, spend time with family and friends. Give hugs and handshakes, not cold shoulders. Do all the good things in life, till you can’t.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
This thread became a lot more real to me in recent weeks. My dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Liver Cancer that spread to his Gallbladder and spots on his lower lungs. With chemo only he has 11.8 months to live (only a doctor would say 11.8 months instead of 10-12 months). If the immunotherapy works it’s 2 plus years, but so far it’s only been effective on 25% of the patients. They say 2 plus years because that’s how old the study goes as it’s new medication.

I don’t bring this up to be a downer on the forum. Life has kicked all of us in the gut a time or two and we all have stories with life’s burdens. I bring it up because none of us have a guarantee for tomorrow. I plan on focusing time on family and important things, and checking off bucket list items instead of saying next year.

Life is short my friends. Death has an undefeated record. Go fishing or hunting, spend time with family and friends. Give hugs and handshakes, not cold shoulders. Do all the good things in life, till you can’t.
Hang tight my man.

I have always told my kid "I love you" whenever he has gone off to school or just left the house. It seems silly but it's just what I've always done.

He's now 18 and I still do it. The other day I asked him if he knew why I said this everyday. He said no, but that the older he has gotten the more he has grown to appreciate it.

I told him #1, that I tell him that because it is true. #2, I tell him that a friend of mine left the house one morning and was killed on his way to work, leaving 4 small kids behind. You just never know and since that day it's what I would do.

#3, which I didn't share with him, I'll need someone to wipe my *** when I get old. :)

Lost dad last year to "covid", or the 2 vaccines he had taken. That's up for debate. We did have about a week to patch things up while he was in the hospital. But you have the gift of a little time, whatever is left, that is golden. Make the best of it. God bless.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score

I’m sorry for your Paa getting cancer. Cancer Suxks!!
You are in my thoughts and prayers, treasure what time you have left with him…

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Although I have many memories of my dad, some of the best ones were while he was in the nursing home (mentally he was strong til the end), and the conversations we would have. I learned alot about his past and had some good laughs too. I miss him dearly. Tie up those loose ends so you don't have any regrets.
You're right, life is short.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a little over a year since my dad past. I think of him most every day. Everyone's time of mourning is different. I don't want this thread to fade away because its important to remember our loved ones and more importantly to make things right before you can't. Embrace those moments before you can't. No one ever said I wished I'd spent more time at work........