GEN 1 Tie Rod Play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the wheels off the other day to change spark plugs and i noticed some play on the inbd end of the tie rods. They're Rogue Racing Tie Rods and have been on there for a few years now. Just curious if this seems normal or i should look at replacing the end? I can't tell any difference when driving and don't hear or feel anything noticeable while turning or even on rough logging roads. I sent the videos to Rogue so hopefully i'll hear something tomorrow, but figured i'd ask here too. Maybe someone had the same issue.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let us know if Rogue calls you back, if ever! I have rpg tie rods and spray the ends with dry lithium grease as per the instructions, twice a year. Have you done any maintenance, those don't look like you have.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know if Rogue calls you back, if ever! I have rpg tie rods and spray the ends with dry lithium grease as per the instructions, twice a year. Have you done any maintenance, those don't look like you have.
I have sprayed them with white lithium grease but it’s probably been a while and probably not twice a year. I did it a few times when i first got them but I’ve been delinquent as of lately

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have sprayed them with white lithium grease but it’s probably been a while and probably not twice a year. I did it a few times when i first got them but I’ve been delinquent as of lately
Well, good luck with Rogue, they've been a bit hit and miss with customer service the last few years. :fc5716bd:

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still haven’t heard from rogue but i contacted ballistic fabrication and they responded the same say. They have replacement rod ends so I’m just going to replace them. Just curious if anyone has used ballistic stuff before or if there’s better options out there. I’m not really sure what to look for. But for 30 bucks it’s not that bad if i replace them every few years.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the bolts and look at them, as the rod end bearings my be fine but the bolt is all worn. I’ve seen that happen on pitch change links on aircraft. It may just need a cleaning and new bolts. Just a thought