Ticking Sound from Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor1222

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I searched and couldnt find anything to similar to the issue im having.

I have a 2012 Raptor with the 6.2. 183k and the truck runs phenomenal. I just got it about two months ago. However, there is a wierd exhaust tick happening. At first I thought it was something dangling under the truck banging around because thats what it sounds like but after getting under the truck it is definitly in the exhaust. Sounds like a rock in the Cat bouncing around and making the noise. Any ideas? I believe it is stock exhasut.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes part of the cat core breaks off and rattles around inside. I had a 911 do it and I thought the dreaded IMS was junk. Unbolted cats at header and sound was gone.
You positive the sound is that far forward in the exhaust?

OP
OP
R

Raptor1222

Reaction score
Im not positive its that far forward. But I cant think of anything else it could be. definitly something in the exhaust

OP
OP
R

Raptor1222

Reaction score
No its not consistent. If i'm driving down a smooth road then it hardly ever makes the noise. But then again sometimes when Im just parked itll sit there and make it. I honestly at first thought it was a loose cable under the truck banging around.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Now I'm wondering if this cat core thing that @Canuck714 mentioned could be my issue.