Throwing lots of Codes again (Wheel sensors and more)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UnkTob

Reaction score
Hi,

I did a bunch of searching, but didn't find similar enough, so figured I'd try to start a thread. Was having some fun on a Raptor Run and then a whole bunch of codes came up:
C1165 - RR speed sensor circuit failure
C0151 - Lost comms with restraints control module (That's a new one for me)
U-0140 - Lost comms w body control module
C1299 - LR speed sensor signal fault
C1175 - LR speed sensor circuit failure
U0140-00 - Lost comms with body control module (Odd it was on there twice?)
O0217-00 - Engine coolant over-temperature condition (New for me, and temp gauge was right in the middle when this came on)
P193c-00 - Steering wheel angle signal
U0140 - Lost comms with body control module (cuz why not have it show up 3 times. LOL)

I had similar (but much fewer) codes with a right rear speed sensor, which I replaced before the raptor run. I also had a bad factory 3rd brake light, which I changed out to the GJ, and there's no water/condensation or other issues with it.

When it happened we pulled over, and none of the wiring looked like it got mangled by a rock or anything, and once home, I traced all the lines and double checked, all the lines look good. I checked the connector above the e-brake and it seems fully seated, I reseated all the connectors I could under the dash on the passenger side.

Any other suggestions on where to look and what to test?

Also, where do you guys unplug the rear speed sensors to test AC voltage while spinning the wheels? The spot they plug in to the factory harness is a fracking PIA to get to and to undo those plugs. lol Is there some other connector I missed? or do you go all the way into the engine bay somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
IMG_5979.PNGIMG_5980.PNG

And pic for attention of the some fun during the Raptor Run! :)
208751339_10227296277737002_9047607013056010111_n.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cricketry!! Did you disconnect the battery and then test all harness connectors by unplugging them and plugging them back in to see if any are loose or damaged. I know that's what I would try whether it's correct or not. I'm sure @FordTechOne will respond. I'm guessing you have some mods since you went on a raptor run, check your wiring harness's for shorts from any offroad lights in the engine bay, etc.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason you’re seeing the same DTC multiple times is because it’s being set by multiple modules; the app you’re using just doesn’t specify that on the DTC list.

The first thing to do is clear all of the DTCs and then recheck to see which DTCs return. If only the wheel speed sensor related DTCs return, start diagnosis there.

OP
OP
UnkTob

UnkTob

Reaction score
Cricketry!! Did you disconnect the battery and then test all harness connectors by unplugging them and plugging them back in to see if any are loose or damaged. I know that's what I would try whether it's correct or not. I'm sure @FordTechOne will respond. I'm guessing you have some mods since you went on a raptor run, check your wiring harness's for shorts from any offroad lights in the engine bay, etc.
Thanks for the reply CoronaRaptor! I probably should have disconnected the battery first, lol but I didn't get anything new when I did reseat the connectors. I haven't done much yet to the raptor. GJ 3rd brake light, 2 pairs of BD in the bumper/fog light area. Lights all still working, I rechecked my wiring to see if anything got damaged by rocks or what not, (looking for frayed wires, damage), and all looks good.
The reason you’re seeing the same DTC multiple times is because it’s being set by multiple modules; the app you’re using just doesn’t specify that on the DTC list.

The first thing to do is clear all of the DTCs and then recheck to see which DTCs return. If only the wheel speed sensor related DTCs return, start diagnosis there.
Also, thanks for the reply FordTechOne! Good point. My app will let me pick modules to clear and scan. I'll try individually cleaning then scanning my module.