Throw Practicality in the Toilet. Do It!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I'm asking for opinions as I usually do.

Why? I value most of your thoughts. Some, such as 911 crazy boy, not so much. ;)

I'm ordering (YES, FINALLY, AT MSRP) a Gen3 today. Not sure if an allocation for a 37 is available, but entertain me in case it is.

Recall my thread title. I don't care about practicality. If I did, I'd be driving an S Class. I live in NY and off roading is few and far between. But I love everything about the Raptor, not the least of which is the COOL factor.

So, if a 37 is available, do I order that for it's super COOL factor?

One thing I noticed on my Gen2 this past month during our 6500 mile jaunt from NY to Idaho and back, was the somewhat constant micro corrections needed for steering input to track straight on the highway. In fact, with 13k miles when we started out in my Gen2, upon arriving in Idaho, I went to a dealer for an oil change, saw he had a computerized alignment rack, and told him to do an alignment. I hadn't noticed before this trip but the steering wheel was slightly off center to the right.

After the alignment, you guessed it, it was slightly off to the left.

Will the 37 be that much worse than the 35 in the Gen3? How does it affect ride quality? Longer braking? Sloppier steering? Slower 0-60 by a lot or very little?

Thank you.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well….. I have the blue Recaros on my 2020 so that don’t bother me. Turns out he didn’t have an option left for the 37 so saved me a bundle.
ordered white, finally, after black, blue and leadfoot. Love the leadfoot but won’t seem new enough to go with same color.

Code orange too pumpkin. I’d tire of it.

Antimatter blue is nice but seems a rebranding of bluejeans color I had on my Platinum.

Red for Ferrari and fire engines.

Silver, eh, boring. Have probably had 10 silver cars.

Love black but first Raptor, my 2017, was black. Didn’t show off the sexiness of the truck IMHO.

Any time I see a white Raptor it’s what I lusted after. So white it is.

stock wheels. Don’t like the “upgrade” and can’t get the nice ones that come with 37 package.

Moonroof a must. Never had an issue with one.

801a of course.

Power/tech package naturally.

and of course the coin holder.

$77k. 37 package not being a choice saved me about 5 grand. Oh, and no decals.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well….. I have the blue Recaros on my 2020 so that don’t bother me. Turns out he didn’t have an option left for the 37 so saved me a bundle.
ordered white, finally, after black, blue and leadfoot. Love the leadfoot but won’t seem new enough to go with same color.

Code orange too pumpkin. I’d tire of it.

Antimatter blue is nice but seems a rebranding of bluejeans color I had on my Platinum.

Red for Ferrari and fire engines.

Silver, eh, boring. Have probably had 10 silver cars.

Love black but first Raptor, my 2017, was black. Didn’t show off the sexiness of the truck IMHO.

Any time I see a white Raptor it’s what I lusted after. So white it is.

stock wheels. Don’t like the “upgrade” and can’t get the nice ones that come with 37 package.

Moonroof a must. Never had an issue with one.

801a of course.

Power/tech package naturally.

and of course the coin holder.

$77k. 37 package not being a choice saved me about 5 grand. Oh, and no decals.
White is for "work trucks".