Throttle stuttering on acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're welcome.

Not sure which strategy I have but here is a snip from the TSB. "Diagnostic Software (FJDS) release 108.04 or higher".

I'll see if i can find anything additonal

Thank you, I just dropped mine off at a Christian Brothers down the road rather than waiting for Ford. They couldnt get me in until Thursday then wanted to reproduce the problem. Called this shop to see if they had IDS and could check for updates to my TCM and PCM and said they could have it knocked out today. So i guess well see..

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hope all goes well for you Antho. Let us know the result.

Gladly smurfslayer. I gain a lot of knowledge through people on different forums so I'm happy to pay some of that back when I can.

I drove a 19' Raptor today.. Customer of mine that is very particular with his vehicles won't let anyone else here but me drive his truck. He has just under 1,100 miles on it. Picking it up at his shop its probably a 20 mile drive each way to the dealership. Anyway a couple interesting observations between his almost new 19' and my 43k mile 17'. HUGE difference on power feel between my MPT tune and his bone stock setup. 19' feels very sluggish and lazy. His 19' shifts super smooth and precise with the stock tune. His truck doesn't have any of the hesitation/stumble talked about in this thread.

I tried to see if I could tell a difference between the ride with the new shocks vs the old style shock of my truck. Obviously the trip was all on paved roads but there is a couple mile section where they are repaving. So there are a few of the bumps from the lanes having base coat to where the top coat stops ans isn't done. Really didn't feel any difference with that.

As I suspected my 43k mile BFG have very noticeable road noise over the new ones on his 19.

Last but not least I love the feel of the upgraded Recaro seats in his truck over my 17's. Always been a fan of the earlier SVT stuff when they did the leather/fabric combination to help hold you in the seat better. My 03' Cobra has that and I love it.

vdubn

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but it’s the first real thread that identifies exactly the issue my 2018 F150 Limited 3.5 Ecoboost is experiencing. When Darin mentioned the fluttering instant mileage readout, that was the exact issue I’m having, along with the surging under light throttle. The dealer just applied the latest PCM and TCM flashes, but it’s made no difference.
I’m tempted to get the truck tuned, in the hopes that it will resolve the constant adjustments the PCM is requesting of the Throttle Body.
Just curious if the tuners have figured this issue out or not?

Thanks to everyone in this thread who’ve put in so much time and effort.