Three down and still nobody will swap my springs....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikepipe597

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just returned from the third Ford dealership and still no geiser springs swapped out. Could anyone please post DYI instructions so I can show one of these so called auto mechanic shops.

The excuse today was.....we don't have a tool to compress a spring that large.

Please help me...If anyone know of a place around Northwest Indiana or within a 3 hour drive please let me know.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do it yourself.

But 2 sets of spring compressors and do it in your garage. It’s about 1.5 hours per side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4wheelparts did mine if there is one near you. Super cheap.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
As you know dealerships work on flat rate work, their isnt a hourly rate for swapping springs in the servise book.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it yourself.

But 2 sets of spring compressors and do it in your garage. It’s about 1.5 hours per side

O'Reilly's will loan them to you. They charge something when you get them then refund when you bring them back.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
O'Reilly's will loan them to you. They charge something when you get them then refund when you bring them back.

In my experience the quality of those are usually garbage. The rods are bent and abused. At least at the places around me.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fisher's Shop Inc in Xenia, Ohio did mine....my dealership wouldn't even install a tonneau cover for me. The only things i'll go the dealership for is warranty fixes. Mine dealings with my dealership, in my opinion is the worst bit of customer service i've ever experienced. You would think a 70K truck would bring with it some sort of customer loyalty...one of the worst experiences of my life. I was more or less giving them info about my truck through the entire build and shipment. Then the 2 times where i've had to bring it in, i couldn't even get them on the phone. Luckly i live 15 mins away, i called them once from their parking lot as i was looking in the window, and the receptionist said all 4 of them were busy with customers...i was looking at all of them and their was 1 of the 4 busy. I walked in as i talking on the phone and just went "so can anyone help me or are all of you busy cause the receptionist is currently telling me that you are all busy". Then in order to get a rental car for my appt, i had to wait 2 weeks. Again, i would take something like this to a 4x4 shop...or at least someone who seems to give a shit about their customers!

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try going to an offroad or suspension shop near you instead of a dealer.