GEN 2 Thoughts on purchasing a high mileage 2017?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called the dealer and scheduled a test drive this coming week. I appreciate all the comments.

I checked cargurus and all the nearby major cities craigslists, there are a few similarly priced trucks with similar miles. Going to test drive and inspect this one and see about twisting the dealers arm to get a carfax, otherwise i'll pay for one myself it the truck checks out otherwise.

I'm honestly not too concerned with the oil pan, i'm more worried about the cam phasers and getting replacement shocks. Thanks again FRF.
Neither one of your concerns should really be concerns. They’ve done so many of the cam phasers now it’s a non issue, and the shocks are no biggie. Forged offroad and some other places do a trade in program that’s easy as pie. Oil pan could suck balls if the dealer that does the work doesn’t seal it properly. Good luck.