GEN 1 Thoughts on potential purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, not sure this is the best place to post this question or not but here it goes.

Three time Raptor owner, all dailies, looking to buy a 4th purely as a toy. I specifically have been looking for a SCAB Gen 1, pretty low mile. In my search I came across a 60k mile Hennessey, two owner, garage kept, full wrap with PPF, and upgraded brembos, calipers and rotors.

I know there are a lot of Hennessey haters out there, but it is a Rousch S/C and appears to be a well cared for truck, and I see no signs of abuse. Working on understanding the last time the shocks were rebuilt.

So my questions, in today's market what is this truck worth, prices for decent Gen 1 seem to be all over the place, not to mention high mile abused ones.

What else should I be looking into, or for.

Thanks for your (constructive) thoughts.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd say 50k if it's a 13-14 and that's on the high side. A year ago that would probably be on the low side.

Biggest gripe with Hennessey is quality of work but if it's gone this long and hasn't caught fire I think you're safe lol. I'd probably change the tune though. I'd go with JDM for an updated tune.

OP
OP
bigdave18629

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say 50k if it's a 13-14 and that's on the high side. A year ago that would probably be on the low side.

Biggest gripe with Hennessey is quality of work but if it's gone this long and hasn't caught fire I think you're safe lol. I'd probably change the tune though. I'd go with JDM for an updated tune.
Thanks, that is about where it is. If I pull the trigger I will keep the JDM tune in mind. If the shocks haven't been rebuilt I am going to use the for leverage to get the price down, they don't appear to be leaking.