Thoughts on DTE’s PowerControl Boost Module.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There is no “undetectable”. There is less obvious, but the overboost will be logged in the computer along with other sensors that will be showing ranges that don’t make sense under normal conditions.

I’ve heard of boostmax, chipwerke, burger(?), and there was an earlier one I”m forgetting. the burger was fairly recent.

The chipwerke had notorious failures on the Raptor, causing huge drivability problems.

I’ve seen users report problems with other ‘piggyback’ boost adders here too.

from their site:
Legal Notice. Before we start, please note.

The installation of an additional control unit represents a structural change that can result in the loss of warranty and/or loss of insurance cover without registering a parts approval certificate in the vehicle documents. The represented product has not yet certified with a part approval. Warranty claims against the seller and any warranty claims against the manufacturer may be omitted through an increase in performance via chiptuning or an additional control unit. Before usage outside Germany please inform yourself about applicable national road traffic laws which might restrict the usage to private roads, race tracks or offroad. We will be glad to provide you with detailed information.

OP
OP
O

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no “undetectable”. There is less obvious, but the overboost will be logged in the computer along with other sensors that will be showing ranges that don’t make sense under normal conditions.

I’ve heard of boostmax, chipwerke, burger(?), and there was an earlier one I”m forgetting. the burger was fairly recent.

The chipwerke had notorious failures on the Raptor, causing huge drivability problems.

I’ve seen users report problems with other ‘piggyback’ boost adders here too.

from their site:

Thanks smurfslayer.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Onemoosehorn @VonR

We ran the DTE system on 3 of our shop trucks and really liked them. They plug in directly under the hood and not the ECU. So much less of a digital footprint if you’re focused on warranty. 90HP/100TQ sounds a bit high, but it is definitely a noticeable power uptick even as a stand-alone mod. We’re a stocking dealer for DTE and have a few in our shelf. Let us know if we can help!

https://offroadalliance.com/search?type=product&q=Dte

RW17FX4

Reaction score
does 850 for a piggyback unit strike anyone else as a bit outrageous?

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does 850 for a piggyback unit strike anyone else as a bit outrageous?

It is a higher priced than most. But we can assure everyone that it works, does not throw codes, provides good power and is Bluetooth enabled to adjust on the fly. After personally being stranded on the side of the road with two of the aforementioned units, wouldn’t ever run one of those again even if it is less expensive. DTE works and works as advertised.