Thoughts on AMP Power Steps for Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Henson

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently had truck lifted and leveled with 37’s and the shop is suggesting I switch my factory running boards to the power AMP boards to make it easier for my kids to exit and enter the truck.

I’ve always liked the raptor branded factory boards and the look of stationary boards as I feel it gives the truck a better look.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a raptor with these so unsure of the look. Anyone have / had these?

Kev Gambrell

Reaction score
Recently had truck lifted and leveled with 37’s and the shop is suggesting I switch my factory running boards to the power AMP boards to make it easier for my kids to exit and enter the truck.

I’ve always liked the raptor branded factory boards and the look of stationary boards as I feel it gives the truck a better look.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a raptor with these so unsure of the look. Anyone have / had these?
I have about 2.5 inch leveling kit on my truck with 35's. I have had power AMPs on my Raptor for about a year and a half and I like them.

Attachments

• 20230203_070846.jpg
    20230203_070846.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 70

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The running boards were a major eye sore to me so amp power steps were one of my first mods when I got the truck. That was about 5 years ago now and no problems.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You will find that this topic Is a hot button item on here, much like 20" wheels.

How old are your kids? I took my running boards off and my kids get in ok. I also have 37s. Took them off my superduty as well.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my truck with 12k miles on it and it came with Amp Power Steps. It was a street only garage queen but the rear fenders and lower sections of the doors were speckled with rock chips and dings in the paint. I traded a local guy right away for his stock steps and some cash knowing my truck would see much more time in the dirt and many more miles overall. The stock steps do a great job protecting the doors and fenders from gravel and $hit.

OP
OP
Jeff Henson

Jeff Henson

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The running boards were a major eye sore to me so amp power steps were one of my first mods when I got the truck. That was about 5 years ago now and no problems.
Did you go with the XL’s or the extremes?

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen Raptors with the Amp steps, but again, how are you using your Raptor? Amp's are an awesome accessory, but if your using your Raptor for some extreme off-roading, the factory steps are another layer of protection. Believe me, mine are pretty bent but they've taken a beating and saved my truck from some significant damage, and they still function!

OP
OP
Jeff Henson

Jeff Henson

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much off-roaring for me here in Atlanta. Some fly fishing and atv riding but nothing crazy at all.