Thoughts on Amber Light Bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are alternative grill mounts that put the light bar on the outside/front of the grill in place of the "FORD" logo. I think it looks like ass, but it would give you some more lighting options.

A pillar is a good idea, can mount some good spots there.

Also with lights, its not just lumens. Sure BD puts out the lumens, but look closely at their overall design, especially the reflectors. Its easy to buy some cheap light bars that promise a high lumen output, but if they have crap reflectors all those lumens will go to waste. BD reflectors have great throw downfield.

OP
OP
NH-Raptor

NH-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good feedback Blue. Looks like we have very similar rides. I'm going to order a 30" bar, and 2 - 10" amber bars, and sort it out when they get here. I'm going to attempt the flush-mount with perhaps some holes cut, if necessary. I agree with you, there's lots of opportunity to screw the whole thing up, and have it ending up looking like junk, but I'm pretty careful with this stuff, and have the right tools to notch out appropriate holes where they're needed.

Wish me luck.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good feedback Blue. Looks like we have very similar rides. I'm going to order a 30" bar, and 2 - 10" amber bars, and sort it out when they get here. I'm going to attempt the flush-mount with perhaps some holes cut, if necessary. I agree with you, there's lots of opportunity to screw the whole thing up, and have it ending up looking like junk, but I'm pretty careful with this stuff, and have the right tools to notch out appropriate holes where they're needed.

Wish me luck.

Good luck, measure twice, cut once!

Also keep in mind, you can typically turn a white bar into an amber bar if needed. Most companies offer amber covers or you can simply buy a roll of amber film off amazon and DIY. It works great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MO5BPK/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

ericwudi0830

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amber light is the best for dusty and snow conditions, white light just reflects back at you. If you go with a behind the grill bar, you will loose 30% of the output, FYI.

I modified my BD lower grill bar to be flush with grill, not sit behind it.

1c40e8e9-4002-4b82-affe-485436f21016-original.jpg
64251e1f-07ab-442b-abc2-b9a8e791907d-original.jpg

Nice pictures, do you have any night time pictures?

I am thinking about getting a behind grille light bar for my 17 raptor too.