thoughts on a truck cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyabya

Reaction score
iv been debating a cap for my new raptor. i like the look of a cap but im unsure on the gen 2. i would do a bed rug if i do do a cap.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iv been debating a cap for my new raptor. i like the look of a cap but im unsure on the gen 2. i would do a bed rug if i do do a cap.

You could always buy one of the temporary systems that is made of canvas and then you could have the bed covered when you want it and most are easily removed when you don't from what I understand. I tried a nice fiberglass cap for about a week on one of my other trucks and couldn't live with it do to the loading height restrictions, not being able to get stuff out of the front of the bed without climbing in the back (some have Windows that swing out so you can reach in the side) and the process to remove one is a huge pain in the ass unless you build a lift to pick the thing up off your truck. If you don't need it don't deal with the hassle.

OP
OP
Cyabya

Cyabya

Reaction score
well i dont need the use of my bed other than storing things. so its been ether a hard cover or a cap. im prob going with a cap.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i dont need the use of my bed other than storing things. so its been ether a hard cover or a cap. im prob going with a cap.

In that case I would probably just go with a tonneau cover then. Much easier to remove/store if you ever do actually need full use of the bed for something big. Caps are a bit of a pain in the ass to remove and store.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is a pic of one our customers trucks. I don't believe the shell has been painted in this pic yet though.

Attachments

• TRUCK 32.jpg
    TRUCK 32.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 208

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you will use a cap, get a cap. if you wont, get just a bed cover.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Bakflip bed cover and love it. Easy to use, waterproof and doesnt significantly hinder your ability to haul tall loads. I had a cap on my past truck and didnt see the need for one on my Raptor.