Thoughts on 2018 Rocky Ridge Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buy a raptor and send it to SVC. You will get a quality build to be used for the trucks intended purpose.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could burn your money instead, at least you'd get some heating value out of it. (Hint: Do this in the winter for maximum effect!)

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
22" wheels? How is this "off road performance"?
HUGE mistake for anything off road.
Plus, no tire shop will have those special size tires available if needed in an emergency.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Coming from someone that has a lift on their Raptor I can say there is nothing on this RR Raptor that is performance. You can add a lift for off road performance but be ready to change out a lot more than they have here. Just a plan lift doesn't handle well offroad, with the 22" wheels and 37's will make it worse. I don't have 22" wheels but have 37's. When I first start my build I tried offroad with just the lift and had the truck back in the shop the following week reworking the entire front end and rear suspension set up to handle offroad. IMO save you money and build it yourself vs buying an off the lot build.

VANRAPTR

Reaction score
Two weeks a bought a brand new 2019 Rocky Ridge Raptor (Stealth Edition) from Marchese Ford. 500 miles in, I could not be more pleased by the Raptor and in particular the RR Stealth conversion.

I feel the mark-up relative to the base Raptor was reasonable. I am not a "do it yourself" guy when it comes to vehicles, I'm sure I could have saved money if I did this stuff myself but the quality of the conversion is really impressive.

To say the least, it stands out in a crowd. They widen out the track so to me it drives and corners just like a standard Raptor, only even higher off the ground. The view ahead is amazing - the view is over the roof of even large SUVs and pick-ups.

One other benefit is that Rocky Ridge is an official partner of Ford. The RR Stealth conversion, including the 4 inch lift, are covered by Ford's 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. Any dealer can make repairs under warranty. I was also pleased with RR's sales team, even though they sell through traditional dealerships they have a team available to chat about the conversion and answer any questions.

Anyone looking for a unique Raptor that drives great and in my opinion looks amazing, I'd highly recommend Rocky Ridge Raptors. I understand the concerns others have raised in terms of heavy off road capabilities, maybe its not the best ride for that, but for all other uses I think its fantastic. Here is a picture the day we picked it up!

VANRAPTR.jpg

matt f

Reaction score
Let’s just say, my buddy and i always have a good laugh about the 6 inch blocks in my bosses 18 rocky ridge... what a waste of an engineered suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts