Thoughts after owning a gen3 for 5 days/400 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picked up and drove from Doggett Ford in Texas from Jacklin Carrillo and drove home the 1600 miles to New York yesterday was an MSRP sale
Agree with all you said as well
Super sweet truck! I’ll bet that made for one hellava road trip...good break-in miles. Enjoy it!

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picked up and drove from Doggett Ford in Texas from Jacklin Carrillo and drove home the 1600 miles to New York yesterday was an MSRP sale
Agree with all you said as well
Was there ever an option to have the vehicle shipped closer to you if it was ordered from the factory? Is that something that can be done? My connection for an MSRP 2022 is on the east coast, but I really didn't want to drive it back to CA. I was hoping that since you are paying the $1600 delivery fee that's included in MSRP does it matter where it gets shipped to from the factory? Maybe if it is headed out west, it costs a few extra $$?? I'd be glad to pay the extra to not have the risk of the drive. If I have to do the drive, of course, I don't mind. Would almost be a dream honestly, but I'd be bummed with the rocks chipping the paint, and maybe the break in wear and tear isn't ideal either. It would be a few days of 10 hour drives but on a brand-new turbo. Its obvious those of us in CA have to go to great lengths to not pay huge amounts of money.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m actually looking forward to the long drive back home.
This will be my first truck and therefore my first Raptor. Been talking about wanting one since the Gen 1 (someone is going to be delighted to hear less about it :D).
~1800 miles and I might even make it longer going through Moab and such (just need to make sure I can spend all that time on the road with work and all).
As far as rock chips and wear and tear… I guess it will be like battle scars and honestly it’s an off-road truck so that’s the way it will be.
In short, I just can’t wait!!

BigTomJR

Reaction score
It was like 4500 to take my truck there and deliver new truck but me doing trip only cost me around 1100 for gas hotels and total 4 days time
Some other people gave me prices of 18 to to 2100 each way open transport had plenty of time from work and my brother took the ride was not that bad