GEN 2 Those with UPR catch cans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkhorse99

Reaction score
Preferably with stock intake and stock tune, has anyone gotten a P04DB DTC? Truck is a 2017 SCrew with 28,500 miles. The can was great for about 200 miles, then out of no where got the dummy light with that code (crank case vent disconnected). Checked all the connections and PCV valve. Everything looks good. Called UPR and they mentioned purchasing and adding the clean side separator (drivers side) and supposedly will take the code away. Or I can get a custom tune. It seems crazy to think they know there’s a problem ( the gentleman didn’t sound surprised), but I’ve seen no mention of it. Has anyone used the clean side separator with luck clearing the code? It’s $200 so I don’t want to just try it on a whim. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have sold a bunch with the ECSS have have not heard of any issues. The ECSS should solve your issue

From what I have seen this code is hit or miss. Most trucks wont throw the code but a small amount have.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clean side (drivers side) seem pointless. I have one and never get anything out of it.

As far as dtc check the connections both electrical and the hose. That litte sensor is stupid sensitive .

Passenger side is basically just an in line can and shouldn't give you any trouble, unless there is a vacuum/boost leak.

OP
OP
D

Darkhorse99

Reaction score
The clean side (drivers side) seem pointless. I have one and never get anything out of it.

As far as dtc check the connections both electrical and the hose. That litte sensor is stupid sensitive .

Passenger side is basically just an in line can and shouldn't give you any trouble, unless there is a vacuum/boost leak.

I looked over the whole system again for the third time. Finally found where the hoses were just barely (1/8”) pulling away from the check valves. Pushed them snugly back together, taped them up real good with electrical tape, and reset the KAM. Haven’t had a CEL since. Guess that’s all it was. Time will tell if it stays off.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I looked over the whole system again for the third time. Finally found where the hoses were just barely (1/8”) pulling away from the check valves. Pushed them snugly back together, taped them up real good with electrical tape, and reset the KAM. Haven’t had a CEL since. Guess that’s all it was. Time will tell if it stays off.

How do you reset KAM and what does KAM stand for?

I don't need to do this but am curious.

Also I have the UPR complete system passenger and drivers side and haven't thrown any codes yet with approximately 3,000 miles on it.

They've changed the design of the divers side ECCS and includ a new sensor which had Ford tags on it.

I also purchased the breather in case the system would ever freeze up. In the winter.

Last edited: