Those that agreed on MSRP… who actually received their truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DillyDally

DillyDally

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, this debunked. As the rock would say "IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU PAID MSRP!" All these theories to try to figure out a random system.
Fair enough. We can roll with no method to the madness. I still think zone reps are pocketing cash from ADM if they push stuff through fast, but.. thats none of my business

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. We can roll with no method to the madness. I still think zone reps are pocketing cash from ADM if they push stuff through fast, but.. thats none of my business

The dealer is pocketing "blue-sky" which gives them incentive to contact a zone rep and push the order. The zone rep will more than likely not be pocketing any money but may receive a bonus from Ford Motor Company of percentage of profit from the vehicles sold to the dealers.

So if an order is on hold it does the customer, dealer and zone rep no good.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not me. Ordered MSRP 6/24. Rolled to '22. Still no VIN. I have the first of their two allocations .
Time to go look for another dealer. 6 months and they still don't have an allocation for you? I would have walked A LONG TIME AGO.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where I got my 2021 they told me they only sell to in state (direction of Ford or maybe Zone Rep?) or else they could lose allocations. I’m sure every region has different priorities.

wc901

Reaction score
I think initially there were more MSRP deals available, I think those are few and far between now. Another user did a spreadsheet about dealers and whether they were charging ADMs or not and most of the MSRP dealers had started charging them and many of the ADMs had also gone up. The dealers saw the demand and aren’t getting near the allocation as they did in years past. I talked to several this week that they only got 1-3 allocations for 22’s thus far and all were taken and had a list a mile long.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think initially there were more MSRP deals available, I think those are few and far between now. Another user did a spreadsheet about dealers and whether they were charging ADMs or not and most of the MSRP dealers had started charging them and many of the ADMs had also gone up. The dealers saw the demand and aren’t getting near the allocation as they did in years past. I talked to several this week that they only got 1-3 allocations for 22’s thus far and all were taken and had a list a mile long.
I agree with this statement. I walked into the dealership in the middle of May to talk to a salesman and get my name on "a list". He told me they don't keep lists but they could take my information down and call me as soon as order banks were open. We had a verbal agreement that they were going to sell me a raptor at MSRP if I came in to place the order and they had allocations. Since I already knew when the order banks would open I was ready to roll and sure enough I got the text that very morning. They took a $2500 refundable deposit and placed the order for me that day. The truck came in on 9/18 and I didn't pay a dime over MSRP (for a 35 truck). With that being said, that was so early on in the process I don't think they knew that the market would continue to behave the way it has. I 100% don't think they'd honor that deal today even though they were a pleasure to work with.

Also: I had no previous business dealings with the dealership. Not a prior customer, and I didn't know anybody. Just a walk-in.