**** this truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@FordTechOne has commented on this several times; let the 10R80 get up to temp or, be cognizant that the truck is using ‘while warming up’ programming and the shifting will be a different strategy until warm. I rarely notice this but did last week when I needed to make a trip suddenly, without a warm up.

I usually use the remote start and I’ve got a ways to go before making it to a road with a good opportunity for throttle.

Ok, so there’s some different shifting while the truck warms up. I’m good with that. I don’t shift gears well getting out of bed at 3 in the morning.
No matter what you drive or ride. Don't idle it long AND don't get on it hard while cold. You are better off just starting it and driving less aggressively during the first part of the trip.

I won't win any drag races with a NA 6.2 but I can bet I can spin up the odometer higher than any 2nd or 3rd gen.

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big Blue for the Win!! LOL. so can we get back to the detailing portion of this section? This, although entertaining, has possibly made us all a little dumber.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Big Blue for the Win!! LOL. so can we get back to the detailing portion of this section? This, although entertaining, has possibly made us all a little dumber.
A little quick I think. I was on to a potential bargain.