this installers take on connections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mp_tx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you show the actual crimp process using the molex crimper? And explain what the letters on the crimper correlate to? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you show the actual crimp process using the molex crimper? And explain what the letters on the crimper correlate to? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sure. the crimpers i used are not necessarily duestch/molex/ weatherpack but are interchangeable since its the same style crimp. these are probably 20 years old. new crimpers today can be specific to the type of crimp you are making. the difference would be that you can crimp the entire pin at once, where as mine are manual. had to crimp a couple times to set the pin. i will get some more pictures a little later on

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all this info! Please do more of these 'how to' type posts, I'm going to go back through my wiring job for my fogs because of this. Much appreciated :cheers:

carmelk6

Reaction score
Great post. Thanks so much. I’ve always use connectors for their convenience. If you are motivated, would love to see more on your soldering technique and soldering equipment / recommendations