Third brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JReese33

JReese33

Reaction score
The DNA Motoring one is plug and play. Once you unplug the factory third brake light from the harness you need to follow the harness back into the truck, there will be another connector, that's the one it plugs in to.

Ours uses the same connector to power the three little red LEDs and the center cargo light. A plug and play option but a bit more custom than I think you might be looking for.
It looks similar to the plug that's on the Recon light as well. How far forward is the connector in a Super Cab? Would I have to disassemble anything inside the truck to find it?
Obviously if the Recon doesn't work, I'll have to go another route. Possibly this DNA one. What simple options do you offer? I'm just looking for something similar to what's available, but with direct plug n play

Sent from my S9 using Tapatalk

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks similar to the plug that's on the Recon light as well. How far forward is the connector in a Super Cab? Would I have to disassemble anything inside the truck to find it?
Obviously if the Recon doesn't work, I'll have to go another route. Possibly this DNA one. What simple options do you offer? I'm just looking for something similar to what's available, but with direct plug n play

Sent from my S9 using Tapatalk

The connector is probably 12"-18" into the cab. No need to do anything in the cab, just fish back through the cab opening and you'll find it .If you want a little more room you could pop the two rear headliner tabs for a little more room but it's not necessary.

Our options are definitely more custom: https://gj-motorsports.com/GJ-Motor...s/Ford-F-150-Raptor-2010-2014-3rd-Brake-Light

VADER332

Reaction score
The DNA Motoring one is plug and play. Once you unplug the factory third brake light from the harness you need to follow the harness back into the truck, there will be another connector, that's the one it plugs in to.

Ours uses the same connector to power the three little red LEDs and the center cargo light. A plug and play option but a bit more custom than I think you might be looking for.

Afternoon. How far back is the other harness? I followed the harness back through about a 1" hole and didn't see or feel any other connectors.
2014 Ford Raptor.

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Afternoon. How far back is the other harness? I followed the harness back through about a 1" hole and didn't see or feel any other connectors.
2014 Ford Raptor.
Deep into the headliner. I removed mine from the back of the cab to access.

dentstew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The connector is probably 12"-18" into the cab. No need to do anything in the cab, just fish back through the cab opening and you'll find it .If you want a little more room you could pop the two rear headliner tabs for a little more room but it's not necessary.

Our options are definitely more custom: https://gj-motorsports.com/GJ-Motor...s/Ford-F-150-Raptor-2010-2014-3rd-Brake-Light
NE Ford,
Does this light have the Hill Descent Control line in it. My original 3rd Brake Light stopped working, the red lights only came on when the head lights were on and did not illuminate when I applied the brakes. So, I replaced with a Ford F-150 light and the Hill Descent Control warning on the dashboard came on and stayed on. If I replace the 3rd Brake Light with this after market light will it not activate the Hill Descent Control warning.