Third Brake Light VHF Antenna Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I hear you. This looks well made and probably gets the best reception of all possible mounting locations on the vehicle.

I unfortunately park in a garage and the trails in the north east are TIGHT with a lot of overgrowth, so a mount that sticks up from the roof would not work. I know as I have tried the cheapie mag mounts on roofs of previous trucks and they always get knocked about.

Just to clarify, this sticks up above the roof less than .5". And if you're parking in garages with that tight of clearances, you're a brave individual!

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, this sticks up above the roof less than .5". And if you're parking in garages with that tight of clearances, you're a brave individual!

I was talking about with the antenna mounted on the antenna mount. Not sure why folks would remove the antenna and remount it for each trip - most people I know just leave the CB antenna on all the time.

Anyway, don't mean to muddle up your thread. Looks like a great mount, thank you for clarifying and good luck.

Last edited:

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is Gen two only. Or is there a Gen one option?

They make one for the gen1

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

I was talking about with the antenna mounted on the antenna mount. Not sure why folks would remove the antenna and remount it for each trip - most people I know just leave the CB antenna on all the time.

Anyway, don't mean to muddle up your thread. Looks like a great mount, thank you for clarifying and good luck.

I don't know anyone that leaves their antenna on all the time

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This looks like the only game in town...I like where its mounted for what appears would be good reception and how low it is when you remove the antenna.
Way too many places around town too low to just leave the antenna on, I only install mine for actual trips...Now how to mount my radio...

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They make one for the gen1

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

I don't know anyone that leaves their antenna on all the time

mine stays on all the time.. i have a very flexible antenna on a drilled roof NMO.. going in parking garages, car washes, whateve.. or my personal garage is no problem.

google NMO rain cap, i have one of these i never use..

s-l300.jpg

here's the antenna i run.. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JSD4KE/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Last edited:

jsouth5

Reaction score
Has anyone installed this yet? I'm wondering if you have to full drop the headliner to run the antenna cable or if it's relatively simple to snake over and down one of the pillars. I'm planning to install the radio in the console...anyone done that? Pics or video?