thinking trx as serious rock/dirt replacement? don't do it!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Sun Ra

Reaction score
Or it's an engineering design oversight, which of course the manufacturer won't admit and the dealership can't admit.
i dont think i broke it its almost impossible, likely bad steel failed and only they know.. and i did travel lots of deep water snow melt ....

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i dont think i broke it its almost impossible, likely bad steel failed and only they know.. and i did travel lots of deep water snow melt ....
Do you have pictures? A differential vent is not a load bearing component of the axle, it can’t just damage itself. Something had to have come in contact with it.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or it's an engineering design oversight, which of course the manufacturer won't admit and the dealership can't admit.

I don't know why anyone thought SRT did any kind of engineering on this truck...all they know how to do is stick a supercharger on big engines, which rednecks have been doing for half a century now.

Actually, my new coworker previously worked at Fiat, and he's been telling me how all they can do is copy other manufacturers. I always joked it was a thing but apparently it is actually a thing.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe it got hot then plunge into ice water caused a stress fracture.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have pictures? A differential vent is not a load bearing component of the axle, it can’t just damage itself. Something had to have come in contact with it.
I'm questioning the same thing. Only thing that makes sense is that something contacted it, then he went through water and filled the diff with water. Would explain the higher cost of replacement because he needed the housing and everything inside.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don’t get the feeling that @Sun Ra is chasing speed with the off roading he’s posted. I could be wrong. A souped up Power Wagon could be a good option. I really liked my 2012.

Literally the first sentence in his thread:

i sold my raptor for more hp/t in a trx.

Just going off what he himself said he wanted, not necessarily what we think he needs. If you liked your 2012, you'll love the 2019+, the 8 speed is soo much better than the 6 speed was. But they are still a bulky boi with the handling that goes along with a softly sprung 3/4 ton.