thinking trx as serious rock/dirt replacement? don't do it!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sun Ra

Reaction score
i sold my raptor for more hp/t in a trx..... both trucks scraped and ripped up long rocky nasty LR tracks into the Rockies. the raptor had Idaho pinstripes 2 " deep and multiple cosmetic injuries - BUT NEVER FAILED MECHANICALLY in 12000/of 14500 total off road miles,-----

The hp champ turned out to be only good for starbucks - in 7500 miles same tracks, a rear diff vent sheared off and rear diff was wet and destroyed. even though this is an obvious design flaw, dodge refused to cover. $7200 later, this trx is for sale -- destination starbucks, and i cancelled my wife's which had just hit the dealership.

Starbucks queen:
IMG_5441 2.jpeg

trx maxed out:

IMG_2532.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Sun Ra

Reaction score
no, but i could post the [ouch] receipt... haha -no truck i own is "gently used :)" i put pix of the raptor up here when i sold it with 14500 for 60k [with a nice are cap, and a deck] in an 85k market and the body damage led comments.... to "highly amused " at best:)

raptors are great rigs - you can count on them, I'll get another to back up the 2021 LAND CRUISER heritage i just got with 626 miles, and plan to have TAV modify for my nasty tracks - the advantage for me -- 1' narrower than raptor and trx -- although i already broke a mirror in 5oo miles:)

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the rear differential vent was ripped off while off-roading? That’s clearly damage, not a defect, so can’t say I’m surprised it wasn’t covered. The $7200 repair cost seems extremely high though.
Or it's an engineering design oversight, which of course the manufacturer won't admit and the dealership can't admit.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So the rear differential vent was ripped off while off-roading? That’s clearly damage, not a defect, so can’t say I’m surprised it wasn’t covered. The $7200 repair cost seems extremely high though.

a rear diff vent sheared off and rear diff was wet and destroyed. even though this is an obvious design flaw, dodge refused to cover.

How in the name of all things holy did you manage to shear off a rear diff vent?

found a pic here: https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/rear-axle-vent-tube-location.2592/