Thinking of selling my Gen1...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm up in far Northern California. Heck, with used 2019's getting 70k+, not a big surprise I'm "only getting" 52k for my 2014 ;)
Hah! Seriously! So you didn’t accept the offer? If not, why not, what price would you depart with it for? And if you did, do you see yourself buying another one in the future when the market normalizes?

K9 HAULR

Reaction score
Hah! Seriously! So you didn’t accept the offer? If not, why not, what price would you depart with it for? And if you did, do you see yourself buying another one in the future when the market normalizes?
I keep going back and forth. We have a home in Tahoe and one up in Northern CA. The Tahoe place (our main home) doesn't have much room for vehicle storage, so the truck has been sitting up in CA. Our CA place is on 17 acres, and the pickup bed has been useful, but not as much over the last 2 years.

Realistically, the truck was originally purchased as a day driver and to haul 4-5 kids on the HS ski team back and forth to practices/races. It did amazing well for that. Now that my kid is off to college, I mainly use a newer SUV for my driving needs when I'm hauling my BIG pups around (not a fan of driving much more than 10-15 minutes with the dogs in the bed). The SUV and my old 1974 Land Cruiser take care of my off road and winter storm/snow needs.

Honestly, hadn't really thought much about selling the Raptor until I got the offer. I figured it was paid for and I'd run it into the ground. Now I'm seriously on the fence. If I do sell, I probably won't get another. They are VERY cool trucks, but not sure the cool factor would justify getting another if I don't really NEED the bed for hauling stuff.

bjork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep going back and forth. We have a home in Tahoe and one up in Northern CA. The Tahoe place (our main home) doesn't have much room for vehicle storage, so the truck has been sitting up in CA. Our CA place is on 17 acres, and the pickup bed has been useful, but not as much over the last 2 years.

Realistically, the truck was originally purchased as a day driver and to haul 4-5 kids on the HS ski team back and forth to practices/races. It did amazing well for that. Now that my kid is off to college, I mainly use a newer SUV for my driving needs when I'm hauling my BIG pups around (not a fan of driving much more than 10-15 minutes with the dogs in the bed). The SUV and my old 1974 Land Cruiser take care of my off road and winter storm/snow needs.

Honestly, hadn't really thought much about selling the Raptor until I got the offer. I figured it was paid for and I'd run it into the ground. Now I'm seriously on the fence. If I do sell, I probably won't get another. They are VERY cool trucks, but not sure the cool factor would justify getting another if I don't really NEED the bed for hauling stuff.
It does sound like a raptor is a bit of overkill for your needs, now that your kid is away and all. An extra $52k in your bank never hurts, especially if the truck is just sitting there hundreds of miles away. If you just need bed space, could always get an older truck for a fraction of that.

I’d hate to motivate you to leave the raptor club but I know I’d take the offer, since this inflated market won’t last forever. Unless, you think you could actually get a higher offer than 52?

K9 HAULR

Reaction score
It does sound like a raptor is a bit of overkill for your needs, now that your kid is away and all. An extra $52k in your bank never hurts, especially if the truck is just sitting there hundreds of miles away. If you just need bed space, could always get an older truck for a fraction of that.

I’d hate to motivate you to leave the raptor club but I know I’d take the offer, since this inflated market won’t last forever. Unless, you think you could actually get a higher offer than 52?
I'm heading over to the Ford Dealership this afternoon...if they will write the check for 52K, I'll have 1 less vehicle in the "fleet."

bjork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i sold my gen1 after i got done building it, thought i had my fix and was done, ready to move on. yeahh that lasted 4 mo and im back bigger than before lol
Hahaha it is an addiction. I’m torn on whether or not I should sell my gen 1 for profit in this market right now. If I do then I’ll definitely buy another one once the prices go down again

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
SOLD!

And for the naysayers...here's the pict to prove it happened:

View attachment 312589Dam! I just finished adding a few choice suspension upgrades on mine, maybe I should offer it up for sale? I have been noticing prices going up in recent months for sure and its tempting. What I can say that made yours even higher selling offer is; 1. its a 2014, last year of the GEN 1s and 2. very low milage.

K9 HAULR

Reaction score
Had a ding that was not repairable on the passenger running board and dealer found a windshield chip I hadn't noticed. Otherwise she was clean. Was a great truck and I'll miss it...but for that money, I'll get while the getting is good. :cool: