Thinking of selling my Gen1...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anothervr6kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always wanted a Taco. Towards the end of the 2000s I ended up with an 04 diesel F250 King Ranch. I loved that truck. Had it for 5 years and never though about anything smaller since. I’ve been though 5 trucks, and they’ve all been full sized.

Cowpoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my 2011 Gen 1 SCREW Oxford White, in January out of Texas from a Dealership. I paid 31k and it had 65,000 miles on it. Did not have navigation. It needed new shocks and new tires, easily $4,000. The body, paint, and interior was in outstanding shape for a ten year old truck. It had an aftermarket ADD bumper and RPG stage 3 kit and a full SW exhaust system including headers. Hope that information helps. If you have the shocks and tires squared away, and its in good shape I would ask $38,000, probably get $36K. Might be high but it is really hard to find a gen 1 with a 6.2 that is not beat to shit or the interior is not garbage or under 100,000 miles.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
New car for a kid? You, sir, are what is wrong with society today....

LOL. Actually kids buzzing around in shitboxes with a flapping hairlipped bumper while texting is worse.

Though we did not, I know people that bought their kid a new car, MOST of them are good kids that make very good grades, do sports, etc. Granted, there are a few that could use a life lesson.

Lacajun25

Reaction score
Good luck with getting monies back. Look into a cash out refi or a HELOC.

I have a low mileage 2006 Prius that I can sell your son. It’s perfect for a teenager, low cost of ownership (gas and insurance) and if / when he crashes it, it was just a Prius, nothing to get worked up about. Seriously though, any vehicle you get him will most likely get wrecked. Get him a beater that you won’t feel bad about getting a few dents and dings. It’s the practice car before you get your nice car.

Just my 2 cents. Everybody likes new but insurance is higher and the depreciation hit is bad on a new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

K9 HAULR

Reaction score
2 month old post, but FWIW, I was offered $52k for my 2014 SCREW w/35k miles, oxford white, clean other than a small ding in passenger side running board. Not my day driver and it served its purpose as a "ski team hauler" for 4 yrs. Thinking of getting full purchase price back after 7 yrs is too good a deal to pass up.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 month old post, but FWIW, I was offered $52k for my 2014 SCREW w/35k miles, oxford white, clean other than a small ding in passenger side running board. Not my day driver and it served its purpose as a "ski team hauler" for 4 yrs. Thinking of getting full purchase price back after 7 yrs is too good a deal to pass up.
Been grappling with this question myself in the current market.

That’s a question only you can answer. I was offered over purchase price for my 2014 SCREW - bought used even, but still declined.

I worked hard to achieve being able to buy my (used) dream vehicle, and even though it has flaws (and rusting cab corners), I worked too hard to just shrug it off. I feel like I saved it from being used and abused, and look forward to having it long into the future.

If you have no connection to the vehicle, then by all means get it while the gettin’ is good. But if you’re like me and you have a love affair with your vehicle then is there any price that can assuage you?

bjork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that’s insane! But with this market I believe it. Where are you located? My ‘13 SCREW that I’m selling has substantially more miles than that, but you give me more reason to believe I can find the offer I’m looking for here in California where everything is too expensive

K9 HAULR

Reaction score
Wow, that’s insane! But with this market I believe it. Where are you located? My ‘13 SCREW that I’m selling has substantially more miles than that, but you give me more reason to believe I can find the offer I’m looking for here in California where everything is too expensive

I'm up in far Northern California. Heck, with used 2019's getting 70k+, not a big surprise I'm "only getting" 52k for my 2014 ;)