Thinking of selling my Gen1...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Been quite awhile since I've last posted. Been enjoying driving my Raptor but due to some bad luck may have to sell due to renovating my house.
Were almost done but it's strained be financially mainly because a contractor friend stole money from us which depleted the money we had to finish house. We will be bringing that person to civil court and hopefully get some money back.

In the meantime tryin to determine if I should sell my truck to so I can help off pay off some of the debt caused by the theft.

It's a white 2012 SCREW with 64,200 miles and I think my signature shows the options on the vehicle. No wrecks but a few typical dings and bruises on the bumbers for a 9 year old truck.

Its in great shape and a non-smoker so interior in almost new condition. One spot on top of bed where gravel has chipped some paint off but there is no rust anywhere.

Wondering or gaugeing interest and trying to figure what the value would be or should price if I do list it.

I've been looking for a smaller used trucks for my 17 yr old son and I've given up as used car prices have pushed me to buying new. A used 2013-2015 Tacos are selling in mid to upper 20 grand. I'd buy new for $31k. Any vehicle I buy will have to come after I obtain the mortgage.

Anyway, I would appreciate yalls input or feedback and I thank yall for a great forum!

Scott
Geauxfish

Citizen Park

Reaction score
Since it isn’t a highly sought after ‘13 to ‘14 and your considering a soon to be outdated [emoji895], I see less headache with teaching ur son to drive a wide-body, full size... not to mention fun-as-f*ck.... one of a kind Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Geauxfish

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said it's too big and prefers the midsize truck.
A couple pics of my unwashed Raptor and looked up on KBB and has it over $40k. Options and add ons...
  • Luxury Package
  • SONY Navigation System
  • Backup Camera
  • Power Moonroof
  • Trailer Brake Controller
  • Tailgate Step
  • Hood Graphics Package (2011+)
  • Front Facing Camera (2012+)
  • Raptor Bedside Graphics (2012+)
  • Spray in Liner
20210426_174618.jpg

20210426_174643.jpg

Screenshot_20210426-194503_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Geauxfish

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ikr, I had to buy my own as well.
He's our only child and he makes straight 'A's and he is fulfilling his obligation for a vehicle. Been looking for used and have a friend who is sales manager at a GMC dealer and he said to buy it new. Cant get a used truck at a good price anymore...they just sold a 2013 used Taco with 200k miles for $18,000 which he said is ludicrous. He says it's due to low inventory on new trucks that are driving up used truck prices. He could get me a new canyon for around $27k.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Ikr, I had to buy my own as well.
He's our only child and he makes straight 'A's and he is fulfilling his obligation for a vehicle. Been looking for used and have a friend who is sales manager at a GMC dealer and he said to buy it new. Cant get a used truck at a good price anymore...they just sold a 2013 used Taco with 200k miles for $18,000 which he said is ludicrous. He says it's due to low inventory on new trucks that are driving up used truck prices. He could get me a new canyon for around $27k.
I don't know about all that. Any of my 16 year old son's buddies would give up a nut to have a Raptor. My kid drives mine all the time. Does your son have a manbun?

Just kidding. I respect the good grades and obligations. If I was in your financial situation, I would cash out on the raptor and put it toward bills, and get him a 10k chevy truck. Super easy to work on. After the lawsuit settles you can upgrade him, should it work out.

I got my 16 year old a 2011 highway patrol tahoe with 200k miles, runs like a top, $2500. He makes good grades, has a job and plays baseball. He literally has no free time most days. I may reward him with a clapped out Gen 1 next year, though he wants an old Bronco, that sounds like a headache to me. To be fair, his job is working with me and I pay very little. lol.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey brotha, sorry to hear you’re going through it right now. As others have said, if you’re going to sell then I’d do it now. For what it’s worth, I was offered $33,900 for my 2014 with 107,000 miles on it. You could probably get a nice chunk of change since yours has much fewer miles.