Thinking of going back to a Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with Gen 3 prices will be rather steep up in Canada (we will be getting a 10% luxury tax on Raptors that go over 100k CAD or 80k USD), I'm starting to consider going back to a Gen 2.

I know I could wait for a Gen 3 before I make a decision, but like many of you I do like the styling of the Gen 2 more.

And since you Gen 2 guys follow the market much closer than I do, I was wondering if you could tell me if the 2 trucks I found for sale are decently priced, over priced or a steal?

I've found other Gen 2s with higher mileage but thought maybe these 2 were a good price being so low mile.

both are 2019 SCREWs, spec'd the same but ones black and ones silver. 802A, Recaro interior, carbon fiber, beadlocks

1st. Iconic Silver, 23,877 miles, $69,795

2nd. Agate Black, 18,475 miles, $71,802

Screenshot_20210706-215335_Kijiji.jpg

Screenshot_20210706-215353_Kijiji.jpg

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Of course, they’re both considerably over priced based on market conditions.

black one looks lifted, but also has some lights.
Silver one looks to be stock, but you’ll be weeks cleaning off the tire shine.

Even though #BlackRaptorsMatter, between the 2, I’d go for the silver one first.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You haven’t seen a Gen 3 in person yet, just hold your horses bro and calm the pudding down!! The Gen 2’s are going to drop in price within 6 months, make your decision then. I think the heat has got to you :bleh::favorites37:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree that both are good prices for the current market (although stay away from lift), but the market sucks for buyers right now. Prices aren't go to drop immediately, but if you can wait 6 months to a year, then wait. Wouldn't be surprised if that saves you 10k.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with waiting. Focus on getting a Gen 3 and avoiding the crazy luxo tax. It will be a better truck and you will likely be happier with it. Assuming you have wheels for the interim.

OP
OP
SVTTrooper

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with waiting. Focus on getting a Gen 3 and avoiding the crazy luxo tax. It will be a better truck and you will likely be happier with it. Assuming you have wheels for the interim.

Yeah you guys definitely have me thinking I should wait, I'm just usually a trigger happy buyer when I get the itch haha.

Luckily I have my Tremor so I still have wheels to get me around.

flynford

Reaction score
So with Gen 3 prices will be rather steep up in Canada (we will be getting a 10% luxury tax on Raptors that go over 100k CAD or 80k USD), I'm starting to consider going back to a Gen 2.

I know I could wait for a Gen 3 before I make a decision, but like many of you I do like the styling of the Gen 2 more.

And since you Gen 2 guys follow the market much closer than I do, I was wondering if you could tell me if the 2 trucks I found for sale are decently priced, over priced or a steal?

I've found other Gen 2s with higher mileage but thought maybe these 2 were a good price being so low mile.

both are 2019 SCREWs, spec'd the same but ones black and ones silver. 802A, Recaro interior, carbon fiber, beadlocks

1st. Iconic Silver, 23,877 miles, $69,795

2nd. Agate Black, 18,475 miles, $71,802

View attachment 312506

View attachment 312508

The black one needs some tires A.S.A.P but looks like it has been modded some. Like both colors, the shell on the silver one can always be sold if you're not wanting it, but thoroughly look them both over. As for pricing, everything is overly inflated these days--especially the used market.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight…you have a Tremor to drive around now?! Ok guys, get him! -Picture rugby scrum with you in the middle-

just teasing…ya man wait for gosh sake

Reaction score
I personally go for the silver one because I have a silver one just like it lol and black only stays clean from the car wash to the house.

If I was to make an offer I give them 67K for the silver and re-sell the canopy of you don’t care for it, those things are expensive.

The black one only has a few less miles and it has been lifted by god knows what and who? Unless it was done by the dealer and they guarantee it. Also those lights look like the Rough Country ones, not the most expensive or best out there. Best of luck either way