Thinking of changing color on my order from OW to CO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruin1md

Reaction score
I've never had a white vehicle and have never wanted one, until I saw a Raptor on OW. It looks so sharp and bold, yet simple.
I'm not one who likes the added attention, but CO intrigues me a bit. The more pics I see, the more I like how it looks, especially in lower light where the Orange appears a bit darker/toned down.

I'm generally a blue car *****, but none of the shades of blue do it for me. My previous Shelby GT350 was performance blue, and if the Raptor still came in that color, that would have been my choice hands down.
The rest of the colors don't do it for me, so it's either stay with the safe choice in OW, or consider going bold and standing out with CO.

The last girl I dated looked at CO pics and told me: "absolutely not-- you'll look like a fu*k boy"
While I don't care what she thinks specifically, I hope that's not the vibe it gives off.

RaptorMan703

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen2 and Gen 3 Oxford owner here——while I haven’t seen a CO in person yet either—-I do work with a guy who just got an orange TRX and damn that thing is in your face orange. I couldn’t pull it off myself, not for a daily driver.

Either way, come resale time both are great choices. There‘s always vinyl wraps if you get tired of OW

F4AF7F84-092A-4894-ADB2-208DCDF9762F.jpeg
64ACECAA-90ED-4640-9F3B-82654D440C46.jpeg
42584D72-E904-4E40-9A74-CABF5E9AB99C.jpeg

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an owner of a gen2 OW, I went through a similar internal debate as you. I think the gen3 in OW looks incredible, but for me personally I’m tired of the color, as unique as the raptor is I just can’t stomach 90k on another white truck.

I was in love with CO until I saw it in person. I like bold colors, but CO to me has some strong brown undertones in bright daylight when looking in person, it doesn’t have that red tint that appears in photos and videos. That’s just me. I’ve been told by my better half I see things in colors that aren’t always there lol.

In a perfect world I would have the option to choose a light blue metallic, similar to what is offered on the C8 vette. Since atlas blue is the next best thing that’s what I settled on. I don’t think AB looks good in many photos I’ve seen, but I do like the hue when i saw a tremor in AB in person recently.

I also considered black, they do look good in that color. I had a black sports car years ago that only saw sun on weekends. I am still haunted to this day how much effort it took to keep her clean and swirl free.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Code Orange is the only way to go!!!! Amazing color. Brown undertones…..WTF? I have no idea where you could possibly see a brown form Code Orange. It will lean towards red in pics and certain lighting for sure. In sunlight there’s no mistaking it’s Orange. There’s a thread comparing to race red I think. Check it out. I almost bought a Gen2 until I found out they were releasing an Orange again. Thank goodness I waited The whole truck is awesome…..the Code Orange is perfect.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you.

My last 4 vehicles have been white. I was pretty set on ordering a white Gen 3 until my wife encouraged me to step outside of my comfort zone. So, I ordered Code Orange and couldn't be happier. That's not to say that everytime I see a OW one I look at it and say, "damn that looks good", but I do the same thing everytime I look at my truck.

The reality is that you will be happy either way as the truck is just badass!

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Code orange is the way to go. White is nice. The orange is nothing like the TRX orange with is a much brighter color. You will not be disappointed. and as far as what the last girl friend said.... who cares. She wasn't the one for you!.. LOL

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to do more than drive a Code Orange Raptor to be considered a fu*k boy lol
Yeah ... but she knows him. LOL

Seriously, I am happy to not be Raptor shopping this year. On top of the production problems and the ADM, the colors are boring. First world problems. Personally, I'd go white again. I like the contrast with the trim and it hides scratches and dings. The dark trim saves it IMO.

theonepercent

Reaction score
I have an OW and love it. *Disclaimer* My last name is White so my hand is kinda forced. I did see a CO at a gym down the street from me the other day and had to turn around and check it out when I drove by, the color was very nice. From the Gen 3 color options I liked the OW, CO, and Leadfoot.

I've only seen one other OW (besides mine) and that one CO on the road. I'm going to try and find that CO again and get some pics. He has some small gold"ish" decal on the side, at first I though it was Canelo Alvarez cause it looked like his logo but was definitely something else. But the little gold trim decal actually contrasted pretty nice.

Either way, can't go wrong...

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Code Orange is the only way to go!!!! Amazing color. Brown undertones…..WTF? I have no idea where you could possibly see a brown form Code Orange. It will lean towards red in pics and certain lighting for sure. In sunlight there’s no mistaking it’s Orange.

Sorry my friend not trying to knock the color at all, just trying to give the OP an example of how some people (me) see it as a very different color when viewed in person. At the end of the day a raptor is going to look better than any other truck imho just because it’s a raptor lol.