Thinking of changing color on my order from OW to CO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J R

Reaction score
As an owner of a gen2 OW, I went through a similar internal debate as you. I think the gen3 in OW looks incredible, but for me personally I’m tired of the color, as unique as the raptor is I just can’t stomach 90k on another white truck.

I was in love with CO until I saw it in person. I like bold colors, but CO to me has some strong brown undertones in bright daylight when looking in person, it doesn’t have that red tint that appears in photos and videos. That’s just me. I’ve been told by my better half I see things in colors that aren’t always there lol.

In a perfect world I would have the option to choose a light blue metallic, similar to what is offered on the C8 vette. Since atlas blue is the next best thing that’s what I settled on. I don’t think AB looks good in many photos I’ve seen, but I do like the hue when i saw a tremor in AB in person recently.

I also considered black, they do look good in that color. I had a black sports car years ago that only saw sun on weekends. I am still haunted to this day how much effort it took to keep her clean and swirl free.
I think the more distinct color on a big ticket item is worth it

Rollofire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White always looks clean shows hardly any dust. The only time white looks dirty is in the rain/snow but that’s on all colors. It’s the easiest color to take care of with no fade

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
Went back and forth on this after Velocity Blue wasn't offered on the 2022. Considered Silver, Black, White, and Code Orange. Originally I settled on Code Orange, but was having second thoughts. While Iconic Silver looks fantastic, I ruled it out due to White being a cleaner look. Black is too hard to keep clean and shows every single nick, ding, or pinstripe.

Girlfriend suggested that I ask myself:
  • Do I want the color to stand out from the factory, but maybe a little limited on accent colors? If so, go Code Orange.
  • Do I want the color to be more versatile for more wheel/accent color combos? If so, go White.
Ultimately ended up with White. I really like making my vehicles my own, so I think I'll enjoy the more versatile color. I really didn't want to be pigeonholed into black/gunmetal wheels since everyone and their mother has them.

I've never had a white vehicle and have never wanted one, until I saw a Raptor on OW. It looks so sharp and bold, yet simple.
I'm not one who likes the added attention, but CO intrigues me a bit. The more pics I see, the more I like how it looks, especially in lower light where the Orange appears a bit darker/toned down.

I'm generally a blue car *****, but none of the shades of blue do it for me. My previous Shelby GT350 was performance blue, and if the Raptor still came in that color, that would have been my choice hands down.
The rest of the colors don't do it for me, so it's either stay with the safe choice in OW, or consider going bold and standing out with CO.

The last girl I dated looked at CO pics and told me: "absolutely not-- you'll look like a fu*k boy"
While I don't care what she thinks specifically, I hope that's not the vibe it gives off.

I've never had a white vehicle and have never wanted one, until I saw a Raptor on OW. It looks so sharp and bold, yet simple.
I'm not one who likes the added attention, but CO intrigues me a bit. The more pics I see, the more I like how it looks, especially in lower light where the Orange appears a bit darker/toned down.

I'm generally a blue car *****, but none of the shades of blue do it for me. My previous Shelby GT350 was performance blue, and if the Raptor still came in that color, that would have been my choice hands down.
The rest of the colors don't do it for me, so it's either stay with the safe choice in OW, or consider going bold and standing out with CO.

The last girl I dated looked at CO pics and told me: "absolutely not-- you'll look like a fu*k boy"
While I don't care what she thinks specifically, I hope that's not the vibe it gives off.
My CO Raptor is a head turner. I get double compliments. For the Raptor and the color. People of all ages really appreciate the uniqueness and boldness of CO on the Raptor. It doesn't need aftermarket gadgets to make it stand out. But I added some anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score
My CO Raptor is a head turner. I get double compliments. For the Raptor and the color. People of all ages really appreciate the uniqueness and boldness of CO on the Raptor. It doesn't need aftermarket gadgets to make it stand out. But I added some anyway.
Where do you stand on the debate of whether it's brighter in person than the pics let on, or is it actually a more burnt orange/subdued shade of orange?

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
Where do you stand on the debate of whether it's brighter in person than the pics let on, or is it actually a more burnt orange/subdued shade of orange?
I feel it's true color is bright orange in the daytime or with lights shining on it. Overcast days it's more a subdued orange. But either way it ain't no METALLIC.

Attachments

• 20211222_100822.jpg
    20211222_100822.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20211229_142354.jpg
    20211229_142354.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score
I feel it's true color is bright orange in the daytime or with lights shining on it. Overcast days it's more a subdued burnt orange. But either way it ain't no METALLIC.
those pics are great and very helpful. I see what you mean..........it's definitely bright in the light. I wouldn't call it burnt orange but definitely toned down in overcast conditions

Reaction score
Bringing up an old thread as I didn’t feel it was worthy starting a new one.

Those with CO, does it swirl easily? Too lazy to wash by hand with mitts and two buckets. I plan on taking it to a nicer auto wash near my house. My previous OW did well.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Bringing up an old thread as I didn’t feel it was worthy starting a new one.

Those with CO, does it swirl easily? Too lazy to wash by hand with mitts and two buckets. I plan on taking it to a nicer auto wash near my house. My previous OW did well.
I have been surprised how easy Code Orange is to take care of. It does not have any metallic flake in it. I did a ceramic coat on mine so that helps, but it is very easy to clean, no swirls on mine at all. I have owned black, white, grey and blue, besides white my Code Orange is the easiest color to take care of.

It is also much brighter orange in person, It is a color you have to see for real to appreciate. I was a little nervous when I went for it. 4 Months in to owning it now and I absolutely love it.