Thinking of buying one overseas mil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

surfryhder

Reaction score
I am located in Grafenwoehr. They have a pretty sweet deal on a 2012 in the states right now but I am not ready until I get my bonus. I am thinking I'd be happier with the 2013.

Another thing that worries me is taxes stateside when I return too but I guess that is the sacrifice I am going to have to make. I have talked to some stateside deales who will ship the vehicle no problem. Houston dealers seem to be all about it.

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am located in Grafenwoehr. They have a pretty sweet deal on a 2012 in the states right now but I am not ready until I get my bonus. I am thinking I'd be happier with the 2013.

Another thing that worries me is taxes stateside when I return too but I guess that is the sacrifice I am going to have to make. I have talked to some stateside deales who will ship the vehicle no problem. Houston dealers seem to be all about it.

Yeah, the sales tax thing is a bit misleading. I should have mentioned it. Basically, the sales tax will have to be paid IN THE STATE YOU FIRST REGISTER IT IN, so if you live in a State with lower sales tax, that will be your best option for registering. Buying from Texas, unless someone gives you an insane deal would be a bad idea with their 8.25% sales tax (unless it changed the last time I was there). I'm lucky in that my father lives in New Mexico where the sales tax is like 3%, so that's where I'll be registering it when I eventually go back.

OP
OP
S

surfryhder

Reaction score
Someone had told me that you are except if you pcs back to the states. Some states do not. I will have to see what I can get away with. We are not going any where for at least 18 months and I am hoping I'll get a two year extension.

Anyone else out there care to share there experience buying a Raptor from New Car Sales?

{TEX}Hawaii ((

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my SCREW from ENCS in DEC 11 and then picked it up when I redeployed in JUN 12. Dont know anything about actually receiving it overseas though. I picked mine up from the local dealer in Texas.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered SCREW through ENCS. Natasha was my rep. Process was oooooooooooooook.I'd say a 6.5 outta 10. Just remember that you can backout at any time. I had to handle shipping myself since they dont ship to Dubai. And I didn't pay any sales tax. I will say that I got a killer deal though.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can see my order process in my signature. My rep was pretty good, overall the company is just ok.

As far as delivery goes, if you haven't shipped on orders (pcs with your car) then you can route the paperwork through your CC if you have 366 days left on station, but it's kick in the **** to get routed. Otherwise look at paying $1800 or so to have is shipped to your location. If it does ship on orders then AAFES is done once it arrives at the military shippers it's in the hands of the military so good luck.

My biggest complaint was my rep wanted to rent me a car to drive to Bremerhaven (port) after i had already paid to bring it to K-Town just so he could hit his end of year bonus. I didn't do it after I added up the numbers. Then once it did arrive, the day I flew to the states for Christmas BTW, it sat there for 2 weeks with the E light on. So when I told them I was coming home, they said it was dead and taken to the dealership, where it sat for 7 days while they tried to figure out what was wrong with it. Dead battery and no gas. BIG SURPRISE!!!

But I finally picked it up with 3 gallons in it and wrote AAFES and Customer Service and they have yet to respond. So long story short, will you get a good discount, yes. Will you have ****** service, yes. But in the end I got a great deal on a sweet ass truck and am happy with my decision.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can see my order process in my signature. My rep was pretty good, overall the company is just ok.

As far as delivery goes, if you haven't shipped on orders (pcs with your car) then you can route the paperwork through your cc if you have 366 days left on station, but it's kick in the **** to get routed. Otherwise look at paying $1800 or so to have is shipped to your location. If it does ship on orders then aafes is done once it arrives at the military shippers it's in the hands of the military so good luck.

My biggest complaint was my rep wanted to rent me a car to drive to bremerhaven (port) after i had already paid to bring it to k-town just so he could hit his end of year bonus. I didn't do it after i added up the numbers. Then once it did arrive, the day i flew to the states for christmas btw, it sat there for 2 weeks with the e light on. So when i told them i was coming home, they said it was dead and taken to the dealership, where it sat for 7 days while they tried to figure out what was wrong with it. Dead battery and no gas. Big surprise!!!

But i finally picked it up with 3 gallons in it and wrote aafes and customer service and they have yet to respond. So long story short, will you get a good discount, yes. Will you have ****** service, yes. But in the end i got a great deal on a sweet ass truck and am happy with my decision.

amen