Thinking of buying one overseas mil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surfryhder

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been lurking around in this forum. I am thinking of buying a Raptor but cannot take delivery until November due my work situation(military). The military rep is bugging me to order now to have delivery in November. Here are a few questions I have.

Raptor and towing, how much and is the suspension just two soft for a camper?

Are the difficult to level?

Is everyone pretty much happy with their 2013s or should or for 2014?

My buddy is into Tundra and is tooting the Tundra horn for a rock warrior.

Thanks in advance

MasterChief

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way too early for a November delivery. If you ordered a 2014 in July that would work out good. Don't get the tundra.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Pulling camper works fine with a distribution hitch.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i'd do it man!! i saved up for two deployments to get my raptor and never once regretted it. and for your buddy tooting the tundra horn HAHAHAHA those trucks are garbage i had 3 buddies try and keep up with my in the dirt mud and on the street they had nothing on my beast blew there doors off!!!

formuladriver01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same predicament...I'm stationed in Guam. Where are you at? I was told by dealer person it would take about 5 months with customs, shipping , and all that.

OP
OP
S

surfryhder

Reaction score
I am in Germany. I like the idea of ordering a 2014 July. I am a little worried abut all of the delivery charges for the raptor or any car purchased through new car sales AAFES. New car sales told me the same as well that it would take approximately four months for delivery.

Any of you have any advice buying through the overseas car buying program?

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only two people I know for a fact have ordered through ENCS are myself and MACF. This is what I can tell you about the process to help you out. You will pretty much pay the same amount of money for it as someone in the States would who orders a 'built to order' Raptor at a dealership. Your base price for the Raptor will be lower, but with shipping charges, it will even out pretty much.

Your order will go to the front of the build queue for the manufacturer, but that's true with any vehicle ordered through ENCS. From build day to delivery (in the UK) it takes about 2 months, give or take a few weeks. I have done this process twice. In 2009, I ordered a Dodge Charger and within a few weeks I had a factory build date of 15 October 2009 and I was driving it on 8 December 2009.

My Raptor is a little bit of a different story, because I wanted it supercharged and didn't trust any British speed shops to do it because it's HIGHLY unlikely any of them have ever even seen a Raptor or know what one is, so I had it sent to JDM Engineering in New Jersey right from the factory. The way this changed my order is I had to take Stateside delivery and would have to work out the shipping on my own. When I ordered my truck, ENCS shipping would have been $1200. I called a few places in the states to get quotes for shipping the Raptor from New Jersey to the UK and they were all in the $1500 range. My order officially went in to ENCS in early September. This was a little frustrating because the order banks in the States seemed to have opened like a month earlier than that, but ENCS didn't recieve the specs in their order bank until then (early September). Regardless, the truck went in the queue and I had a build date within two weeks, which was going to be 15 October. The truck arrived at the Ford dealership in New Jersey for JDM to pick up on 2 November, and it probably would have gotten there sooner except for all the havoc caused by Hurricane Sandy at the time. JDM had it in their bay by 9 November. They were finished with it by mid-December, but it had missed the December boat cutoff time by a few days. It did make the early-January boat and it's actually scheduled to come into country today, but since it's a weekend, it won't be offloaded until Monday, so I can't pick it up until Tuesday. The paperwork process for shipping it yourself is a bitch and a half. I highly recommend letting ENCS do all this for you unless you have a situation like me with wanting the engine work done before you get it in a foreign country. Hope that helps. If you have any questions, let me know.