GEN 2 Thinking I want to change my rims/tires for more "authentic" ride, need opinions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stelring

Reaction score
I purchased my 2018 from an unusual dealership that mostly deals with Lamborghinies and Porches etc.
They also deal in auto parts and gave me an "at cost" bonus that I can buy options for my truck at their cost.
I think they also put on these new tires and rims to make it look "more cool"...

However one or both front tires rub the inside or fenders when I turn sharp.
And it also seems to kind of "buck" a bit when accelerating.

Which I think means these rims and tires, though super "cool" are not really supposed to be on this Raptor.
And I'm actually more in to the ford factory look. Thinking of trading these back for something more appropriate.
Or, maybe something more off-road capable that won't rub and cause issues with everything.

Any suggestions?

I like the idea of having actual bead rims with compatible tires, but is that just for pure off-road like under-inflated trail running? Or can those be for the every day ride?

This is a picture of what's currently on the truck:
20210927_093603.jpg

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was right there with you not long ago.
I still have my aftermarket 17" method NV 0 offset wheels but went back to the Beadlock factory wheels. Had them re powder coated and got rid of the beauty ring and slapped on new ford racing Beadlock rings. I love it! The Beadlock rings are great and make my tire look wider so I don't miss the 0 offset wheels, rolling on general grabber 35" tires. Already took it to my first TRR event and they performed awesome. Deflated a bit for the trail and then inflated back up for the drive home.
It's probably just me but I feel I have a more authentic ford setup now. CF4B205C-525D-471E-90D9-3C3433BE326D.jpeg874ADD54-0159-41E3-8F1D-F83F710C38E5.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I purchased my 2018 from an unusual dealership that mostly deals with Lamborghinies and Porches etc.
They also deal in auto parts and gave me an "at cost" bonus that I can buy options for my truck at their cost.
I think they also put on these new tires and rims to make it look "more cool"...

However one or both front tires rub the inside or fenders when I turn sharp.
And it also seems to kind of "buck" a bit when accelerating.

Which I think means these rims and tires, though super "cool" are not really supposed to be on this Raptor.
And I'm actually more in to the ford factory look. Thinking of trading these back for something more appropriate.
Or, maybe something more off-road capable that won't rub and cause issues with everything.

Any suggestions?

I like the idea of having actual bead rims with compatible tires, but is that just for pure off-road like under-inflated trail running? Or can those be for the every day ride?

This is a picture of what's currently on the truck:
View attachment 321496
You can always get some Method wheels that look like beadlocks, etc

1632784929809.jpeg

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was right there with you not long ago.
I still have my aftermarket 17" method NV 0 offset wheels but went back to the Beadlock factory wheels. Had them re powder coated and got rid of the beauty ring and slapped on new ford racing Beadlock rings. I love it! The Beadlock rings are great and make my tire look wider so I don't miss the 0 offset wheels, rolling on general grabber 35" tires. Already took it to my first TRR event and they performed awesome. Deflated a bit for the trail and then inflated back up for the drive home.
It's probably just me but I feel I have a more authentic ford setup now. View attachment 321504View attachment 321505
Those tires look great, been debating on what to go with next. Hoping they come in 37×13.50

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet they do. First time using these general grabbers, I always went with NITTO trail grapplers or TOYO but I got these for a great price and they are great tires. I opted to mount them with the Red inside but red on the outside looks great also.