Thinking about trading in your old for new?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
336 rwhp wow thats a 25% loss in hp from crank
Torque 394 down 23%

6.2L for comparison is 344 rwhp for 16% loss
Torque 361

... pretty amazing transmission on the 17 at least it turns the loss into something

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to wonder how much more that powertrain platform can be pushed. Has ford engineered it close to its max? Bigger turbos and what else breaks? Versus the 6.2 which in my opinion has a fair bit left in it if one cares to put the money in it.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I know this thread is old, but I thought I would throw in my .02.

I've driven both Raptors and I own a 2013 Eco custom tuned to about 450hp. Stock for stock the new raptor whips the old one pretty bad. Also, the light weight v6 really makes the new one a joy to drive. The steering is really light and it feels very light and nimble. Honestly, the drive is amazing. However, there are 2 things that really kills the new raptor. The first is the aftermarket power. Toss a supercharger on the 6.2 and now you have leveled the playing field and then some. The second, and to me the biggest plus the old has over the new is the sound. I know that sounds dumb, but I promise you. Take it from someone with both. The 6.2 sound SOOOOOOOOOO much better. You won't think it's a big deal until you're stuck with it. It's dumb, but true. I love my eco, but the big v8 is just better. Maybe not the drive quality, but the whole driving experience is just better. Let's face it. We didn't buy a raptor for fuel mileage or an easy plush drive. To me the ecoboost should have been an option. Not the only option.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can agree with you to a certain extend, but for long drive trips the drone of the 6.2 gets old, IMO.
I can't imagine how much louder it is supercharged...I even sound lined my 6.2...my 6.2 is pretty much stock engine wise.
Then sometimes it's nice to be a bit more stealth.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i wish we knew what a 17 with a 6.2 and the 10 spd would have been like. Slower for sure but how much and would i care?

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can agree with you to a certain extend, but for long drive trips the drone of the 6.2 gets old, IMO.
I can't imagine how much louder it is supercharged...I even sound lined my 6.2...my 6.2 is pretty much stock engine wise.
Then sometimes it's nice to be a bit more stealth.

What exhaust do you have on your 6.2? With the factory set-up or the Corsa Extreme Cat-Back there is ZERO drone.