Thinking about switching up from Grabber Red Letters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The set in question (4 tires) are 35"ers and at about 1/2 (or better) life left, show no signs of chunking or cracking, and have had the red letters turned in since week one (no fading). They're currently on my truck, and have religiously been rotated every 6k miles.

Here's my thinking: I've got a LOT of road driving to do over the next several months. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to sell these tires on to someone who can use them, and pick up a new lighter quieter smoother set of either OEM BFGs or go with a set of Duratracs, or similar road friendly all terrain.

Thoughts? Is there a market for used Red Letters in this condition? Approximate value?

Thanks ya'll.

Last edited:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I'd say there's a market. There's always someone looming for cheap play tires I just wish I could afford tires and rims to throw on and go play with haha I'd say if they have half the life they're half te price!! Haha

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the Nitto Terra Grapplers have been great for me J. They are just a tad louder than the stock BFGs and ride smoothly. They also perform better in rain than the BFGs. I would recommend them for an "aggressive" street tire.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
For sure there is a market! Probably a pretty strong market since those can be so hard to come by.

I have 37" BFG's and it takes a very special run for me to throw the Projects on these days. I am convinced the stock, Ford-spec BFG's, are not as good as the standard BFG All-Terrains. I have been out a few times and been pretty rough on them and haven't had any chunking or signs of abnormal wear. Plus they are a dream on the road! I can hear myself think again...not that that is such a good thing :crazy:

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bri are you running the R or S rated versions?

Banned
Reaction score
Thoughts? Is there a market for used Red Letters in this condition? Approximate value?

Thanks ya'll.

for sure there is a market. My bet is you could probably easily sell them to someone going to the TRR. so they dont have to trash their current tires. just an option.

the Nitto Terra Grapplers have been great for me J. They are just a tad louder than the stock BFGs and ride smoothly. They also perform better in rain than the BFGs. I would recommend them for an "aggressive" street tire.

One of the few people ive seen actually recommend the terra grapplers after actually using them.

interesting.

you all know what my recommendation would be lol.
Duratracs, or wildpeaks.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Duratracs!
That's all I can say. Wasn't sure about them in the beginning but they performed great at the snoball 500 and great in rain and great on road.
I really love them the only thing I wish is I would have liked to have gone a bit wider just for a more aggressive look.
They are very aggressive looking I just like the wide tire look.
They do hummm a bit on highway but not too bad at all.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok. I've narrowed it down to Duratracs or BFGs.

I'm also considering 37". If I go that route though, BFGs would be the choice since Duratracs top out at 35".

I'm already on the top perch. What else do I need to know before going 37"s? (Yes I realize I should already know the answers, just humor me ;)

Also, anyone want to guess at a price for the Generals? Does $150 a tire seem fair? Too much? Too little? 4wheelparts has them at $330 each new, but they're out of stock: General Tire Part 04568210000 - 35x12.50R-17LT, Grabber Tire

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Although in looking at it, would I have to go with an 18" wheel to support 37" tires? If so, I'll stick with 35"s for now (not interested in buying new wheels at this time).

Last edited: