Thinking about getting a tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To answer your questions with regard to my experience:

1. No as I have been told by Mike, haven't tested it yet.

2. Yes & No. Most of the time no. It will only void your warranty work if they deem that the CAI was the cause a vehicle problem which is a slim chance. Make sure it's not overly oiled and make sure it's cleaned regularly. Don't go water-fording over the air box. It's all basic common sense stuff. Basically though if the dealer sees the CAI they cannot void your warranty.

I've been up front with my dealer, told them I have a tune and they obviously see the CAI and have yet for them to tell me that they won't work on my Raptor.

Atticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much, NoCaDiver. I installed the AFE Stage 2 and 5 Star SCT custom tune this past weekend. Mike, from 5 Star, was great; he answered all my calls and emails promptly, and I'm a very happy customer. The shifting is much improved, definitely a little power gained, and the sound of the CAI is like music to my ears. I highly recommend this set up.