Thinking about a new suspension.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay guys I currently have fox 3.0's with DSC's SVC bumps and RPG tie rods. I have one rear shock leaking a little bit. So its time for a rebuild. The problem is nobody around here rebuilds shocks. So here was my thought.

1. buy a full set of live valves.
2. Get the KCH coil buckets
3. Get new upper arms
4. Finish my live valve controller.

I just want to be able to swap the shocks easier. I cant have my truck down forever. I'm wondering how much you guys think I could sell the foxes for? My thought is I would loose a little performance in the rear but with 2 more inch's of travel and upper arms in the front I think i would gain some up front. Plus it will be cool to be able to control the shocks from in the truck. I would think I would get $2500-$3000 for my current shocks which will pay for everything I need. I may even try to do front bump stops too if I have a little more left. Let me know your thoughts guys.

Thank you.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but from the last time I looked into this there's no control module for us Gen 1 guys to run on the live valve shocks to use that performance. Usually Gen 1 owners are buying live valve shocks with the RPG live valve delete.

Now! I am curious about the KHC coil buckets to run a Gen 2 3.0 shock. There's another thread about this and one owner was really impressed by the swap.

I also seen yesterday from Forge Offroad that Camburg now sells a coil bucket so F150 owners can run Raptor suspension. So we might have another option in this area, I just can't find the part on Camburgs site.

OP
OP
gotsboost

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but from the last time I looked into this there's no control module for us Gen 1 guys to run on the live valve shocks to use that performance. Usually Gen 1 owners are buying live valve shocks with the RPG live valve delete.

Now! I am curious about the KHC coil buckets to run a Gen 2 3.0 shock. There's another thread about this and one owner was really impressed by the swap.

I also seen yesterday from Forge Offroad that Camburg now sells a coil bucket so F150 owners can run Raptor suspension. So we might have another option in this area, I just can't find the part on Camburgs site.
I’m making my own controller which is really just a 12 volt potentiometer for both the front and rear. I also will have a jump switch that I can turn everything off quickly before lift off. I already talked to a guy at KHC and his truck was the development truck. He loves it. You basically get the exact geometry of a gen 2 for your gen 1. Here’s a crazy thought what happens when we find out gen 3 shocks work on gen 2?

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m making my own controller which is really just a 12 volt potentiometer for both the front and rear. I also will have a jump switch that I can turn everything off quickly before lift off. I already talked to a guy at KHC and his truck was the development truck. He loves it. You basically get the exact geometry of a gen 2 for your gen 1. Here’s a crazy thought what happens when we find out gen 3 shocks work on gen 2?

Well that's awesome! I look forward to seeing how it all works once you're done!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you going to have 4 controllers? How are you going to operate the shocks independently, or are you not going that high tech?

OP
OP
gotsboost

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to have 4 controllers? How are you going to operate the shocks independently, or are you not going that high tech?
im going to try and use 2 one for the back and one for the front. However if I can’t get the right amount of amps to each shock I’ll do all 4. Once I get it done I’ll make them for anybody that wants one.

OP
OP
gotsboost

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to use the aux 4 switch to power the system because in theory I should only need a max of 8 amps. That will be the jump switch so basically you can turn the system off causing the shocks to go full stiff before you hit. Then the 2 controllers will be in the glove box so your passenger can work on tuning while you drive. Sounds cool in theory so hopefully I can get it to work.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m going to use the aux 4 switch to power the system because in theory I should only need a max of 8 amps. That will be the jump switch so basically you can turn the system off causing the shocks to go full stiff before you hit. Then the 2 controllers will be in the glove box so your passenger can work on tuning while you drive. Sounds cool in theory so hopefully I can get it to work.
Curious to hear how it works for ya, sounds a little Fred Flintstone, but if it works, would be cool.