thinking about a dash cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your budget? BlackVues are great but a bit pricey. There's also some budget cams such as the mini 0805 or G1W that are good bang for your buck.

Last edited:

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a blackvue 650-2ch with power magic pro from amazon today, looks nice so far but probably won't get to the install for a couple of days since they forgot the power magic pro.

I wanted a 2 ch. system that was discreet, permanent and basically a set it and forget it deal. The blackvue seemed to be the only one to meet all of my needs.

I also have the BlackVue 650-2ch. It has been great so far. I've already captured a car crash and it recorded a nearby lightning flash at about 2am in parking mode.

The only negatives are that is does not pick up as much as other cameras in dark conditions and it seems to have trouble with the SD card sometimes.

Gilligan

Reaction score
I also have the BlackVue 650-2ch. It has been great so far. I've already captured a car crash and it recorded a nearby lightning flash at about 2am in parking mode.

The only negatives are that is does not pick up as much as other cameras in dark conditions and it seems to have trouble with the SD card sometimes.

yeah I have read the SD card can be a problem at times, but it seems the fix is as simple as holding in the button on the side for about 10seconds.

Most videos I watched as examples seemed to leave a bit to be desired quality wise, but i'll hold out final judgement until I see vid straight from the source to my iMac.

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering of getting a Blackvue since I heard good feedback about it. If you're looking for other reviews regarding the other brands, dashcamtalk is a good source.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a black box g1w-c stealth and it's awesome for being 70 with the chip. Good quality at night too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mstennes

Reaction score
The problem is its kinda pointed down to much

True, but I'd be willing to bet, some sort of modified mount could be devised, hell look at the SR71, built with slide rules. The real question is, can it be isolated and ran on a dedicated system?