thinking about a dash cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Poster putty

I used the same tape I use to fix iPhone 4 models, it's a really thin 3M tape, and I leave the top cover on it so it slides into the mount. I cut it to fit the channel and it solves the problem perfectly

pic below.

also - the DataKAM software is way better than SuperCar.

2440465B-8248-4430-AA35-8A7389440247_zps5iq66hsc.jpg

To get rid of the wobble I used a little poster putty (office supply store) in the hole on the camera that the mount slides into. I used less then a pea size and it worked great! Really solid and yet the putty is totally removable.
It won't wear away like the tape after removing the camera from the mount time and time again.

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The HP ones were advertised on sale at Canadian tire, so asked automotive for them and they had no idea what I was talking about, so he gets on the phone with a manager and says they are in sporting. Sporting says never heard of them go back to automotive. Found out from another employe they are lock up in a cabinet in the storeroom and no one has a key for it.
I bet when they never sell they will put them on clearance in the future.

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dash cam suggestions?

Does anyone have a good dash cam they recommend? I want one with a 24hr. parking mode function. Thanks everyone.

Gilligan

Reaction score
I just got a blackvue 650-2ch with power magic pro from amazon today, looks nice so far but probably won't get to the install for a couple of days since they forgot the power magic pro.

I wanted a 2 ch. system that was discreet, permanent and basically a set it and forget it deal. The blackvue seemed to be the only one to meet all of my needs.