thinkin about cancelling order......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
when i thought all hope was lost, the dealer really came through for me. He calls today and says that he is sick of ford screwin him around with the nav and the lost order and 10 other excuses why my truck hasnt been built yet. He says that even though it was ordered february 6th it will still not have nav. He asks me if I would be interested in ordering a 2012, and I say that it wont be built until the end of september, then he says because I have been so patient and a good customer (he is a friend of mine as well), he made a decision for me today. He assures me that the build date for the truck with no nav is in three days and he is ordering me a 2012 also, and wants me to drive the 2011 until the 2012 comes in and we will trade even up even though the new one will have more options. He will pay off my truck and charge me the exact same thing as the 2011......And he totally redeems himself.

WOW!
What a sweet deal.

OP
OP
troycrna

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
needless to say i am gonna drive it real hard for 5 months....now I have to decide if I wanna put the pile of parts I have ready to go on the 2011 or do I wanna hang on to them and hope they fit the 2012.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
needless to say i am gonna drive it real hard for 5 months....now I have to decide if I wanna put the pile of parts I have ready to go on the 2011 or do I wanna hang on to them and hope they fit the 2012.

lol decisions, decisions

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would get that deal in writing, witnessed, and notarized!! if it sounds to good to be true.....well you get the point. just dont want to see you get hosed:waytogo:

bettieguitar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor is coming without nav. At first I was seriously pissed. Now after some research I feel that it is a blessing in disguise. I have found that there are aftermarket systems that are better and will do everything, and more that the stock system can do. They are all voice controlled like the syn. I don't see any benefit of the stock system other than a warranty issue maybe. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
troycrna

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought a 2011 powerstroke and decided after having it for 6 months that I hated it this same dealer paid it off (54k) and put my wife in a new explorer at 2k under invoice. Im not sure what they planned on doin with a used truck they had to get at least 54k out of but Im not one to ask questions. What was the name of the aftermarket nav you are talking about.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
My raptor is coming without nav. At first I was seriously pissed. Now after some research I feel that it is a blessing in disguise. I have found that there are aftermarket systems that are better and will do everything, and more that the stock system can do. They are all voice controlled like the syn. I don't see any benefit of the stock system other than a warranty issue maybe. Am I missing something?

I've been told that the aftermarket ones DO NOT work with the SYNC.
If it does work with SYNC then I'm all over it. What system are you getting?

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good deal for you! Congrats.......... But if he's a friend and willing to do this for you, the least you can do is "BABY" the 2011, ENJOY it for SURE, but why would you drive it hard for 5 months (or however long you have it) and make it harder for him to re-sell it latter? just my .02

randy

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Randy,
If I don't hear anything soon about mine I will probably start looking to a 2012 order. Will those start occurring then in Sept.? Obviously you have a solid way of getting these and if I end up withdrawing my order from my local dealer I will contact you.
Thanks