Think I finally found a raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noob

Reaction score
I posted here a couple months back about being in the market for a Raptor. Note that I'm looking at first gens only, the 2nd gen's still out of my price range and for my own personal reasons I like the first gens better anyway.

There haven't been many up for sale, lots of people buy them where I live but apparently not many sell them. But I found a 2012 I really like, test drove it and it ran great, but it has a little over 118k miles on it, and it's selling for 27k.

I had a buddy of mine who works as a mechanic look it over and he said everything looks good and that it's in very, very good condition for a truck with more than 100k. It didn't show any signs of off road use either.

Thoughts? Is it worth it?

Edit: forgot to mention, it comes with a K&N cold air in take and what I think is an aftermarket exhaust.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That price is inline with the prices advertised around here.
11/12s with 100K+ are listed for sale between $25K to $28K.
High mileage 13/14s are listed for $33K to $35K.
Low mileage 13/14s are listed for $39K to $42K.

OP
OP
N

Noob

Reaction score
That price is inline with the prices advertised around here. 11/12s with 100K+ are listed for sale between $25K to $28K.

Yeah, I mean is it worth it with miles like that? I occasionally see others pop up with 75-85k miles on it but not as often, I could wait for a lower mileage one but I have to say I've really fallen in love with this one. It's got pretty much everything I want in it and then some.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what they sell for- so yea, I guess they are worth that much. The only real failure prone part is the steering rack. The drive train should be good for an easy 250K miles.

Cristian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say go for it if it’s exactly the one you want. Price is fair that’s what most are going for they hold their value pretty good. I’m currently looking at first gens and have my eyes on a 2013 with 130k and fully loaded with every option for 30k I’m sure the 6.2 will last 250k