things to check at 100,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fl1by

Reaction score
I have a 2014 SCAB I have ford care and maintenance warranties until 125000 and I was wanting to see what issues have cropped up not on the maintenance schedule.

MY dealers works with me on issues, so a heads up would help me preload some future maintenance.

Thaks

jaytperry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I went for my last oil change I was around 93k on my odometer. The dealership recommended that all fluids be changed, coolant, front and rear differentials, transmission, and transfer case. A tune up, replacing plugs and wires, and changing out the air filter, and cabin air filter. They wanted 1400 bucks for that. Needless to say I'll be doing all that myself and saving about a grand

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 SCAB I have ford care and maintenance warranties until 125000 and I was wanting to see what issues have cropped up not on the maintenance schedule.

MY dealers works with me on issues, so a heads up would help me preload some future maintenance.

Thaks

Not on maintenance schedule? Fuse 27. Balljoints (well they might say "inspect", along with brakes, belt, hoses, etc.). I don't remember, does it say anything about shocks at all? Likely time to rebuild them, or try to fenagle new ones...

When I went for my last oil change I was around 93k on my odometer. The dealership recommended that all fluids be changed, coolant, front and rear differentials, transmission, and transfer case. A tune up, replacing plugs and wires, and changing out the air filter, and cabin air filter. They wanted 1400 bucks for that. Needless to say I'll be doing all that myself and saving about a grand

Agree 100%. Don't bother looking for that cabin air filter heh, there's not one but the seats have little filters (just cleaned mine didn't replace). Also a great time to do a few upgrades while you're at it like aftermarket transmission dipstick, Saudi transmission cooler, rear diff cover, etc.

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All lubricants should be replaced at that time. I found water in my front diff when I did mine. Transmission is not necessary (dealership sid tis to me) but my opinions is i would rather put new oil into oil that isnt completely dead. Do your spark plugs as well, They suck but you will be amazed at how much power you lose as they wear out. Often overlooked are your shocks. They will always lose pessure ad the oils and seals break down, get them serviced or if they are rotten, new ones. Rock Auto has prices you cant beat. The bushings and balljoints are a simple inspection, no need to replace if they are still good. DONT FORGET to check your brake pins, the rears are notorious for siezing and they are quite easy to get to with the wheels and on the ground!