Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I just take my list to my local dealer can I assume they will be good about taking care of everything under warranty??
Depends on how good of a dealer you have. If it's warrantable, there shouldn't be any problems.

taco2raptor

Reaction score
Is it normal for the transmission to make a whining noise. I can hear it at idle from outside. It also does it while revving or accelerating at any speed.

Reaction score
Just brought home a 2023 37PP ... here's what I've found (so far):

- plastic/tape around driver side shock
- under hood fuses that could be seated a bit better (though, I think they all were seated far enough to not be an issue)
- lots of loose/broken tape, most notable behind front wheels in suspension area (see below for one specific questionable piece)
- TPMS reads higher than actual tire pressure (by ~7psi for 3 tires, and ~5psi for the 4th) - will talk to dealer when I go back for the next item
- damaged radio/dash bezel (to the right side of power outlets) - dealer already ordering a replacement part for this as I noted before signing
- passenger side windshield trim not properly seated/aligned (I think someone else noted this)
- minor scratching on driver side door which could have been from the dealer prep; I didn't notice it until a good sunlight hit it, but it should buff out

I'm assuming this tape around the height sensors should be removed also? It's broken/torn on the driver side, completely wrapped on passenger side, and not present on the rear.

height-sensor.jpg

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just brought home a 2023 37PP ... here's what I've found (so far):

- plastic/tape around driver side shock
- under hood fuses that could be seated a bit better (though, I think they all were seated far enough to not be an issue)
- lots of loose/broken tape, most notable behind front wheels in suspension area (see below for one specific questionable piece)
- TPMS reads higher than actual tire pressure (by ~7psi for 3 tires, and ~5psi for the 4th) - will talk to dealer when I go back for the next item
- damaged radio/dash bezel (to the right side of power outlets) - dealer already ordering a replacement part for this as I noted before signing
- passenger side windshield trim not properly seated/aligned (I think someone else noted this)
- minor scratching on driver side door which could have been from the dealer prep; I didn't notice it until a good sunlight hit it, but it should buff out

I'm assuming this tape around the height sensors should be removed also? It's broken/torn on the driver side, completely wrapped on passenger side, and not present on the rear.

View attachment 418963
yes remove that yellow tape!

Nix90

Reaction score
Just looked over my 2023. Only found 4 “issues”
- Fuses were barely seated, all took a little extra to fully seat.
- Driver side shock still had plastic on the body.
- Tires were at 50 psi all around
- Tape on passenger side height sensor

FRaptorArg

Reaction score
I ll check all the list soon. I receibed my Raptor gen 3 10/22 some days ago. i got out dealer and Blind spot fail. I go back and they check that the passenger rear tail light sensor had a problem.
Solution : They already order the complete rear tail light to replace.
Also receibe the windshield with some marks , they try to clean or polished and nothing to do. Its like the glass had deep marks.
Solution : They ordered a new widshield

IMG_8627.jpegIMG_8430.jpegIMG_8431.jpeg

FRaptorArg

Reaction score
Multiples yellow, grey and black open tapes.
Elastic red band at front passenger side. and 1 connector there without being attached to anything . where need to be attached?

IMG_8775.jpeg

Close to battery another cable connector without attached.
IMG_8783.jpeg

IMG_8794.jpegIMG_8802.jpeg
All trucks come with paint at exhaust like mine and in the Replacement Tire too?

IMG_8799.jpeg

FRaptorArg

Reaction score
10.Fuses under hood ( like most here , a little push to click and be complete connected.
20. Uneven tailpipes Height difference than others here. similar pics .

IMG_8824.jpegIMG_8828.jpeg