Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enrique Villalobos

Reaction score
Anyone have a rattle on their sunshade in the ceiling toward the back of the truck? When I hit any bump it rattles. Also still have a rattle near by back window. Had a loose subwoofer and fixed that but there is still a rattle. I will been looking.
I had the same rattle in my sunroof I opened it and noticed there was a loose piece of trim connected to the moon roof (glass section ) once I re attached it the noise went away

Adrenlin

Reaction score
Not anything that can be checked easily, but something that is more to be aware of...

I was having problems with my tailgate not working. It was an intermittent issue. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't open or close no matter whether I used the key, tailgate button, or dash button. I even had an instance where the truck indicated it was open when I was going down the road even though it was closed.

First time I went to the dealership, they pinpointed the tailgate module and replaced it. However, the problem continued and got worse.

The truck went back to the shop. This time around they performed some more diagnostics that led them to the Gateway Module under the dash. There's a fair amount of trim that needs to be removed to access it. Apparently it was loosely connected, but not latched from the factory. Something to be aware of if you're having power tailgate issues.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I found all of my fuses needed to be seated, misaligned exhaust tips, plastic around the shocks, a rubbing sensor wire in the inside of the wheel and wire loop tape everywhere.

I tried aligning the tips but I couldn’t get the right side up high enough to match the left. Any tips??
Lower the left a bit to make it closer.

Ray Bones

Reaction score
I’m on the hunt for a Raptor right now and reading this thread really makes me apprehensive of dropping this much coin on one of these. This shows that these dealers are just cleaning these trucks and pocketing the money allocated for the pre delivery inspection work that is supposed to be used to take care of these issues.

All these items need to be printed on a check list with a check box for each item. There should be a a line for the service tech to sign and print his name and one for the service manger to sign to verify the checklist was completed. Give that to the sales manager and tell him you want all these things verified before you take delivery of this $80-90,000 half ton truck.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m on the hunt for a Raptor right now and reading this thread really makes me apprehensive of dropping this much coin on one of these. This shows that these dealers are just cleaning these trucks and pocketing the money allocated for the pre delivery inspection work that is supposed to be used to take care of these issues.

All these items need to be printed on a check list with a check box for each item. There should be a a line for the service tech to sign and print his name and one for the service manger to sign to verify the checklist was completed. Give that to the sales manager and tell him you want all these things verified before you take delivery of this $80-90,000 half ton truck.
If you’re apprehensive, don’t even bother. Save that allocation for someone that’s…let’s just say not so apprehensive.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good luck ever buying a new vehicle...

Ray Bones

Reaction score
I’ve bought over 40 new cars and trucks (mostly GM), but I have never had any issues like coolant hoses resting on the belts or accessory drives, or brake lines rubbing on the tires, or all the fuses in a fuse block not being pushed in all the way, or crooked bumpers and exhaust tips. It’s been about 7 years since I bought my last new vehicle, maybe it’s across the board, but I guess quality control has gone down the tubes.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve bought over 40 new cars and trucks (mostly GM), but I have never had any issues like coolant hoses resting on the belts or accessory drives, or brake lines rubbing on the tires, or all the fuses in a fuse block not being pushed in all the way, or crooked bumpers and exhaust tips. It’s been about 7 years since I bought my last new vehicle, maybe it’s across the board, but I guess quality control has gone down the tubes.
Perhaps you should stick with GM! This is not the vehicle for you.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Do not got to a GM truck forum. Ever.

23Raptor35

Reaction score
With a handful of us taking delivery of our trucks and experiencing random things that the dealer didnt do or missed durning the PDI, or assembly line miss haps, I thought it might be good to start a list of items for others to check when taking delivery or first get the truck home.

Reading others post over the past few days had me in the garage checking things over and was helpful
copy and add to the list

After delivery items to check:
1. Tire pressure (Ford ships with approx 50psi, door sticker calls for 38) multiple reports
2. Transmission cooler line. (Several post with clips not secured and leaking)
3. Plastic wrap around front shocks (from shipping)
4. Unsecured front shock wiring Harness. Passenger side front live vale control cable grommets not in place (pictures attached)
5. Loud fan noise from under rear seat (from power inverter). TSB posted that module parameters need to be reprogrammed. Multiple reports
6. Check for box link cleats and pro trailer assist wiring harness (if applicable)
7. Correct engine shroud (Ford Performance)
8. Correct interior trim (doors and glove box) reports of random door panels and trim being incorrect
9. Factory bed liner pealing along bulkhead edges
10. Check fuses under hood. Multiple reports! (Not fully seated) engine bay - back corner - passenger side
11. Check fluid levels, oil/coolant
12. inspect rear taillights to ensure they are the same (brightness and overall appearance)
13. Heat shield/insulator pad above exhaust hanging/falling down.
14. Subwoofer housing under rear seat not tighter down completely, rattling sound.multiple reports
15. Rear fuel line vent hose not fastened/clipped hanging down near spare tire rear shock area (picture attached)
16. Rear wire harness near/under tailgate loose or not attached to grommets and holder
17. Coolant lines rubbing Crank pulley (engine bay) picture on page 4
18. Small plastic caps found on steering rack (leftover from assembly?) pic on page 4
19. Fender flair attachment screws loose (rear) pic on page 5.
20. Uneven tailpipes, height difference. MULTIPLE REPORTS Pic on page 5,6 and 7
21. Drivers side door squeak/creek from plastic rivet sticking inside of door jam (from engine bay)
22. Uneven front bumper (measured under from headlights) Pictures on page 10
23. Trim/Carpet panel behind rear seat loose (fasteners) and causes vibration rattle from radio and driving. Pictures on page 10
24. Gap at top of rear fender flares (gap between body and actual flare) Picture Page 10.
25. 310 electrical connection under seat loose:will get a bunch of errors. Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power, Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, Hill Start Assist Warning, Pre-Collision Assist Not Available, and Blind Spot Detection with Cross-Traffic. Check connection is tight. More info on page 11.

View attachment 322423
View attachment 322384
View attachment 322654View attachment 322355View attachment 322354
Absolutely unacceptable from Ford for such a high caliber vehicle!!
Thank u for posting all those details